Corrections Corporation of America
www.cca.com Nashville, TN 5000+ Employees

It's Not What You Know . . .

Nashville, TN

I have been working at Corrections Corporation of America full-time for more than 8 years

ProsLongevity and leading position in the industry. Hardworking people who begin with the best intentions but become jaded or just getting by after years of not getting rewarded.

ConsGood ole boys network based on who you know, not what you know. Lots of talk about employee engagement and liking each other for who we all are, but not enough evidence to back up the chatter. Low pay in general. Diminishing benefits.

You are in prison too

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Corrections Corporation of America full-time for less than a year

Pros: The people I worked with who cared about the jobs… Cons: lack of confidentiality and lots of gossiping from upper management, Lousy orientation and no training for job specific tasks,… Advice to Senior Management: To corporate - pay attention to what your facility employees are telling you.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It was a good experience.

Management (Current Employee)
Florence, AZ

I have been working at Corrections Corporation of America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Good compensation, room for career advancement Cons: Career advancement becomes difficult after reaching a certain level Advice to Senior Management: Implement true succession planning Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Corrections Corporation of America.

Worked for Corrections Corporation of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Corrections Corporation of America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Corrections Corporation of America CEO Damon T. Hininger. All reviews posted anonymously by Corrections Corporation of America employees.