Corsair Memory

www.corsair.com

Outstanding potential, unique culture

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

ProsThe company still has a small company feel sometimes so you can usually see the direct results of your efforts very quickly.

Lots of potential for growth for those who can show results quickly. Lots of good people in management who want the company to succeed and dedicate tons of their personal time to that effort.

Passionate people are rewarded well - I frequently see people who put in extra efforts and come up with ideas get promoted or get extra attention and responsibilities.

Old-fashioned, tightly run when it comes to spending. Even in the worst environments (and in a memory business that happens frequently) the company has maintained profitability through belt-tightening.

The culture is great - a can-do attitude is present in all the best employees and managers. From the CEO to our lowest hourly employee, those who are willing to get work done will go far.

ConsAs some have mentioned, work-life balance is a struggle. Because the company is run so tightly, frequently you have to wear multiple hats. For some people this is not the type of environment they enjoy, as it requires a willingness to help out in things that may not be "your job".

Salary could be more competitive, especially at the lower levels.

Bonus and profit sharing plan is somewhat stingy and was changed a few years ago to be so.

Our hit-rate on managers and executives brought in from other companies hasn't been stellar. Some real stars have shown up, but it seems more have fizzled out and brought in their giant egos, cashed their giant salaries, and then eventually been given giant exit packages. Too many executives who thought they were amazing but didn't show any real results.

Advice to Senior ManagementRefine compensation to be more competitive - especially bonus plan. Tie bonus/profit sharing plan directly to objectives for that individual employee rather than the group profit sharing.

Refine hiring process for executives - some have been pretty unimpressive, to say the least.

Successful in spite of itself.

I have been working at Corsair Memory full-time

Pros: Top shelf talent. Passionate up-and-comers. Opportunities to advance for people… Cons: Total lack of accountability. Serious problems will be identified and fixed, but the root cause is never… Advice to Senior Management: Turn the CEO into a figurehead and let the COO handle the real work. Figure out a re-org and stick with it. Start seriously… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

The Small guy trying to play big.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fremont, CA

I have been working at Corsair Memory full-time for more than a year

Pros: Relaxed environment, great co-workers, at certain level/departments (sales only) work-life balance.… Cons: Salaries, upper management, information not being shared, no training at all, no people skills as… Advice to Senior Management: Put more thinking behind how your managers are trating/develop their people/teams.. Invest in your people and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Corsair Memory.

Worked for Corsair Memory? Contribute to the Community!