Great people and management!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fremont, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Corsair full-time for less than a year

Pros

People actually help you! I know I know, weird concept...but they actually want you to succeed here.

Cons

The only con I can think of is the work load...lots of work to do, a lot is manual...you will never be bored.

Other Reviews for Corsair

Weird environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I worked at Corsair

Pros

None. Not a good place to work.

Cons

Poor leadership, employee's are treated terribly, awful place to work

Respect your employees

Outstanding potential, unique culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Corsair full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company still has a small company feel sometimes so you can usually see the direct results of your efforts very quickly.

Lots of potential for growth for those who can show results quickly. Lots of good people in management who want the company to succeed and dedicate tons of their personal time to that effort.

Passionate people are rewarded well - I frequently see people who put in extra efforts and come up with ideas get promoted or get extra attention and responsibilities.

Old-fashioned, tightly run when it comes to spending. Even in the worst environments (and in a memory business that happens frequently) the company has maintained profitability through belt-tightening.

The culture is great - a can-do attitude is present in all the best employees and managers. From the CEO to our lowest hourly employee, those who are willing to get work done will go far.

Cons

As some have mentioned, work-life balance is a struggle. Because the company is run so tightly, frequently you have to wear multiple hats. For some people this is not the type of environment they enjoy, as it requires a willingness to help out in things that may not be "your job".

Salary could be more competitive, especially at the lower levels.

Bonus and profit sharing plan is somewhat stingy and was changed a few years ago to be so.

Our hit-rate on managers and executives brought in from other companies hasn't been stellar. Some real stars have shown up, but it seems more have fizzled out and brought in their giant egos, cashed their giant salaries, and then eventually been given giant exit packages. Too many executives who thought they were amazing but didn't show any real results.

Refine compensation to be more competitive - especially bonus plan. Tie bonus/profit sharing plan directly to objectives for that individual employee rather than the group profit sharing.

Refine hiring process for executives - some have been pretty unimpressive, to say the least.

There are newer employer reviews for Corsair.

Worked for Corsair? Contribute to the Community!