Cost Plus
www.worldmarket.com Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

Negative

Supervisor (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits, 30% discount, time off is reasonably easy to get. Good job experience but do not plan on making a career, get the experience & move on.

ConsManagement does not back you up, they will write you up for just about anything if they do not like you. Preferable treatment given to some members of the team. They offer no bonus to supervisors or dept. heads - The only one getting the bonus is the GM & they sit in the office 95% of the time.

Nice store, cool people, poor pay, poor hours and World Market Explorer

Cashier (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cost Plus

Pros: Interesting merchandise Customers and employees are mostly nice and interesting Flexible Employee… Cons: Low pay Hours are inconsistent World Market Explorer is supposed to be very important and crazy quotas are laid on the store. Interestingly enough, however, the people… Advice to Senior Management: I am noticing as I read the reviews that the most satisfied employees are either… More

An exercise in futility and frustration. RUN AWAY!

Department Head (Current Employee)

I have been working at Cost Plus

Pros: The discount is great. I'm able to furnish a lot of my home for really cheap. Many of the products are very well-made or tasty.… Cons: They want you to do an amazing amount of work for little to no compensation. They pay lower than practically any comparable retailer like Whole… Advice to Senior Management: Stop promoting incompetent people to management positions. Also, get real about pay. Do you really think that you're going to get a dedicated, high-achieving worker… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cost Plus.

Worked for Cost Plus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cost Plus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cost Plus CEO Barry J. Feld. All reviews posted anonymously by Cost Plus employees.