Cost Plus
www.worldmarket.com Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

My first job

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Round Rock, TX

I worked at Cost Plus part-time for less than a year

ProsWorking here was really smooth, my management and coworkers were incredibly friendly and the customers were very unique. I was really sad to go, but I was only hired for seasonal employment. Their interviews were done in groups, which really helped me as my first interview. They really stay on top of things, checking on their employees, getting back to you quickly about concerns and issues.

ConsReally out of date systems, slow registers, and slow business outside of the holidays. It was unbearably slow until we got to the winter holidays, then it was unbearably busy, then slow again. 75% of the year, so I've seen, they don't have a lot going on, but they have really interesting products.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company needs some way to pull in customers on a daily basis, not just the holidays. I feel like there was more to draw the average customer in, not just eccentric couples looking for good chai tea or imported furniture.

somewhat disappointed

Supervisor (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Cost Plus full-time

Pros: The benefit are good if your a full time employee. Cons: Management fails to adhere to company policy when it comes to scheduling and attendance. And our… Advice to Senior Management: I think HR needs to come in and look at… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Awful management, disconnect between management & cashiers

Cashier (Current Employee)
Columbus, OH

I have been working at Cost Plus part-time for less than a year

Pros: The discount and the variety of customers and product make… Cons: Managers are completely out of touch of what needs to happen in the store, horribly lacking in employees (i wonder… Advice to Senior Management: Maybe if you weren't such a tool people would enjoy… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Cost Plus.

Worked for Cost Plus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cost Plus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cost Plus CEO Barry J. Feld. All reviews posted anonymously by Cost Plus employees.