Cost Plus
www.worldmarket.com Oakland, CA 5000+ Employees

Great internship program at their Headquarters

Facilities Intern (Former Employee)
Oakland, CA

ProsTheir internship program is a great way for college students to get a real world introduction to office life. With several departments to choose from in which to focus your internship you also have the opportunity to work and/or meet with staff across departments and shadow them to get a real sense of their daily duties.

ConsFrom what I saw, internships don't really turn into real job opportunities in their headquarters as they don't expand as quickly as other high tech companies in the area.

A place for old woman and beta males.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

I worked at Cost Plus part-time for less than a year

Pros: The supervisors are typically older women (never married or perhaps divorced) who have entered into this work because they have no transferable skills.… Cons: Communication styles are obscure. Cat fights and gossip are relatively… Advice to Senior Management: The males who enter into a management position at World Market typically do so because they cannot compete with other men in the industries which… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Fun but DEMANDING

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Davis, CA

I worked at Cost Plus part-time for less than a year

Pros: The products were fun, the customers are usually old and really… Cons: The assistant store manager expected A LOT from you no matter how little you were being paid, it… Advice to Senior Management: Chill out. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cost Plus.

Worked for Cost Plus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cost Plus reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Cost Plus CEO Barry J. Feld. All reviews posted anonymously by Cost Plus employees.