There are newer employer reviews for Cost Plus

Great internship program at their Headquarters

Former Employee - Facilities Intern  in  Oakland, CA
Former Employee - Facilities Intern in Oakland, CA

I worked at Cost Plus as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Their internship program is a great way for college students to get a real world introduction to office life. With several departments to choose from in which to focus your internship you also have the opportunity to work and/or meet with staff across departments and shadow them to get a real sense of their daily duties.

Cons

From what I saw, internships don't really turn into real job opportunities in their headquarters as they don't expand as quickly as other high tech companies in the area.

321 Other Employee Reviews for Cost Plus (View Most Recent)

Fun but DEMANDING

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Davis, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Davis, CA

I worked at Cost Plus part-time for less than a year

Pros

The products were fun, the customers are usually old and really nice (haha), and most people I worked with were great...except for one

Cons

The assistant store manager expected A LOT from you no matter how little you were being paid, it was extremely stressful, if it weren't for him I would have loved this job. He was also extremely inappropriate..gross.

Chill out.

Good pay but dishonest

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Cost Plus part-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun co-workers, easy to get along with most people, pay is good, hours good, Holiday competition--don't be late, first job--not quite sure what to expect, all the department managers very nice

Cons

corrupt--there was an employee who was hired without an interview because he had connections, tense working condition especially during the holidays, certain hours not good--I had to close and left around 2 am and then had to open about 7 am, distance, training was short, customer service is not the main goal, main goal is to make money no matter what.

Treat everyone equally.

There are newer employer reviews for Cost Plus

Worked for Cost Plus? Contribute to the Community!