Cost Plus

www.worldmarket.com

Never a dull moment!

ProsAlways busy with customers, freight and new product. The company has your back with belligerent customers. Managers put school and family first. Flexible with scheduling and decent hours for college students.

ConsExplorer program has great perks for the customers, but never good enough in stats. Extended hours during Christmas are extremely difficult, open for Easter! Need to change Sunday hours to reflect the other tenants 12 pm to 6 pm. Raise pay scale for department leads and supervisors, clothing retailers pay their supervisors $2-$5 more per hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementBiggest disappointment was the drop in discount due BBBY. Employees should have been grandfathered in. Most employees were okay with the pay because of the discount.

Overworked and under=appreciated by upper management.

I have been working at Cost Plus full-time

Pros: It's a fun, flexible work environment with lots of great people. There is a… Cons: Like any other retail job, you are overworked and underpaid. The… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Had a good time here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Cost Plus part-time for more than a year

Pros: Some of the best people Ive ever worked with. Promote heavily from within. If… Cons: Heavy work load, you often end up doing other peoples jobs. Hours get cut pretty bad… Advice to Senior Management: Explorer is at a saturation point, lay off your dedicated employees. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Cost Plus.

Worked for Cost Plus? Contribute to the Community!