Cost Plus

There are newer employer reviews for Cost Plus

Friendly environment

Former Employee - Supervisor in Corpus Christi, TX
Former Employee - Supervisor in Corpus Christi, TX

I worked at Cost Plus full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly people
Great products
Discounts

Cons

Night shifts
Poor management
Sales driven corperation

Hire from within

351 Other Employee Reviews for Cost Plus (View Most Recent)

You are going to lose a lot of good people...

Current Employee - Furniture Department Head
    Current Employee - Furniture Department Head

I have been working at Cost Plus part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cool Employees, variety of foods, drinks, and customers that appreciate your hard work more than management.

Cons

No Management structure. Its Associates/Department Heads against Management. Department Heads have so much on their plate, they must be:

Cashier, back up cashier, listen for badge needed, customer service, security, Product knowledge of entire store, Handy man/woman, supervisor, and (Furniture) lift anything that say "Team Lift Required" by yourself cause you cannot find help.
                                                      \ /
                                                      Department Head

Since merging with Bed, Bath and Beyond, There is no help or guidance. All we see is more problems, tougher goals, less pay, and no hours to be heard of. If there is any good to come out of it, The rich have seen it, and left not a crumb.

Customers are starting to see the stress and sometime the true behavior of our management team. Communication is key. With all the meetings and talk of teamwork, none is practiced. Being on the same page, so us lower people won't be confused/ pissed that we have move half the store around due to a minor update. A pat on the back, telling us a good job could lift our spirits a bit, instead of focusing on the bad. We all try our best to meet goal, but management need to put in the effort to help and not watch us "drown" fail. If we "drown", do you realize that you "drown" too cause you did not help.....we are on the same boat.

Really Don't know how much I can take. . . . . . .

Casual atmosphere, but hard work.

Current Employee - Supervisor in Fairfax, VA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Cost Plus full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Busy, casual atmosphere, store offers great selection of merchandise

Cons

the only way to obtain a livable salary is to become a Store Manager. Difference between hard working supervisors and store managers is vast. Lots of hard physical work and demanding customers. Lack of direction from corporate headquarters. Very little employee recognition.

Establish consistency in corporate directions. Establish a better salary structure.Corporate decision makers seem to have no idea what it is like to work in a store.

There are newer employer reviews for Cost Plus