Cost Plus

www.worldmarket.com
  www.worldmarket.com
There are newer employer reviews for Cost Plus

It was fun and exciting however it has changed to stressful and you can never do enough for this company!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Cost Plus

Pros

Discounts, products, customers and team members

Cons

Senior management and poorly run beverage dept. At the top.

Listen to your employees stop micro managing and repect stores time. We never hear life work balance.

351 Other Employee Reviews for Cost Plus (View Most Recent)

The company has changed for the worse over the years

Current Employee - Management in Santa Cruz, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at Cost Plus

Pros

Their benefits package is good and the co workers are by the large excellent. The employee discount is great.

Cons

1-HR is set on simply toting a company line. There is no advocating for employees at all anymore.
    Some companies state 3 goals- People, Service and standards. Cost Plus left off people.
    2- DM level and above refuse to believe that there are external causes to poor business trends. It is always staff performance.
    3- Privacy- I knew everything about everyone in the district. The DM had no concept of confidentiality.
    4- The company has changed from when I first joined. It lacks heart and soul.
    5- Told to write up employees for small infractions and at times that we were to fire staff as well due to perceived impressions based on nothing substantial.
    6- Micro managed to a large degree. Staffing, visuals, reviews and documentation directed by upper management, rewritten at times, and never applied to themselves when they had similar infractions.

Look in the mirror.
    The are greater cancers in the company than in the stores. Look at the DM ranks and at the executive level. Morale is low and there is no where else to look but above. Listen to your employees and ask them what is important to them and how can they help you be a better company. Group think is alive and well at corp.

It is the worst experiance that I have had in a job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Cruz, CA

I have been working at Cost Plus

Pros

The people I work with at store level is fantastic, you couldn't ask for better co-workers and friends. some of the product is great and affordable.

Cons

They say that this is a family company well its not if you have a family dont work here

Listen to your employees, here what we are saying, corporate and HR as a mom this place wont work

There are newer employer reviews for Cost Plus