Costco Wholesale

Great place to work

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at Costco Wholesale

Pros

Great management, great opportunities to move up the corporate ladder, friendly staff and exciting work that changes every day. Also, they have locations all over the country and is is possible to change work locations.

Cons

Although there are not many downsides to working at Costco, I think one negative aspect could be standing on your feet all day on hard concrete.

Management in every company of the world can always try to work harder to accomodate people with children and foster a family-friendly environment.

1391 Other Employee Reviews for Costco Wholesale (View Most Recent)

Great benefits and opportunity for transfer if open...

Former Employee - Hearing Aid Dispenser in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Hearing Aid Dispenser in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Costco Wholesale

Pros

Benefits are the prime reason someone should work at Costco. The retail atmosphere is no different than one place or the other. Very structured company that is member oriented, which is good since they know where their money comes from.
    Excellent pay for most jobs in the company, benefits are at a greatly reduced cost. $41,000 a year for a tenured cashier...not bad at all...Hearing Aid Dispenser on the other hand, $48-60K a year...not so good.

Cons

If you don't have a customer service bone in your body...avoid this place. If you cannot get to work on time or if you can't LEAVE on time...DO NOT WORK HERE! You will get written up or even fired if you cannot work your schedule down to the minute...LITERALLY! I was given a "coaching note" the first time I was three minutes late leaving because a customer held me up. This is not a place for someone who likes to stand around and talk on the clock...you could be easily fired... No play...All work...If this is your work ethic, you will love Costco.

Pay your ancillary departments competitive wages and you won't lose so many...

Costco is a very good place to work.

Current Employee - Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) in Thornton, CO
    Current Employee - Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Costco Wholesale

Pros

Fast pace, fun, great benefits, great pay, family like atmosphere

Cons

Very large merchandise, constant heavy lifting at a very fast pace

Be open to hearing ideas from staff. We all have valuable info to share to improve Costco

There are newer employer reviews for Costco Wholesale