Costco Wholesale
3.8 of 5 1,132 reviews
www.costco.com Issaquah, WA 5000+ Employees

I enjoy working for Costco Wholesale and have made a decent living.

Front End Cashier (Current Employee)
Modesto, CA

ProsThe wages offered at Costco are some of the highest paid in the industry. Our benefits are awesome and bonuses twice a year are fantastic. Time and one half pay on Sunday are great. Paid holidays throughout the year and personal time off are competitive. We most all feel like a huge family.

ConsFavoritism by managers is a real downfall. Management covers for each other when ethical behavior and compliance issues are raised either by other managers or hourly's. Management does not always follow the guidelines set out in the Employee Agreement Handbook.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistency from management is lacking. Scheduling according to seniority is a real problem. This causes our camaraderie to be negative. Honesty instead of power could help us all.

Costco is a good place to work.

Chicago, IL

I have been working at Costco Wholesale

Pros: Costco hires all of their managers from within so if you… Cons: It seems like regardless of education Costco wants to put… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Poor management and treatment of the employees by management with absolutely no assistance for resolution from HR.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Issaquah, WA

I worked at Costco Wholesale

Pros: Superb benefits and most colleagues are a pleasure to work with. Outside of direct management, the company sets a fun and exciting work environment.… Cons: Poor management in some departments. Some managers severe lack of training and skills in managing successful and positive relationships cause employee discord. Some managers treat… Advice to Senior Management: Strongly encourage thorough management tests before hiring someone for a management position or promoting an employee to a management position. There are indeed great managers… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Costco Wholesale.

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Costco Wholesale reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Costco Wholesale CEO Craig Jelinek. All reviews posted anonymously by Costco Wholesale employees.