There are newer employer reviews for Costco Wholesale

I enjoy working for Costco Wholesale and have made a decent living.

Current Employee - Front End Cashier  in  Modesto, CA
Current Employee - Front End Cashier in Modesto, CA

I have been working at Costco Wholesale

Pros

The wages offered at Costco are some of the highest paid in the industry. Our benefits are awesome and bonuses twice a year are fantastic. Time and one half pay on Sunday are great. Paid holidays throughout the year and personal time off are competitive. We most all feel like a huge family.

Cons

Favoritism by managers is a real downfall. Management covers for each other when ethical behavior and compliance issues are raised either by other managers or hourly's. Management does not always follow the guidelines set out in the Employee Agreement Handbook.

Consistency from management is lacking. Scheduling according to seniority is a real problem. This causes our camaraderie to be negative. Honesty instead of power could help us all.

1228 Other Employee Reviews for Costco Wholesale (View Most Recent)

Costco is a good place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Costco Wholesale

Pros

Costco hires all of their managers from within so if you work hard enough you could go from pushing carts to management.

Cons

It seems like regardless of education Costco wants to put their employees through the trial of working on the floor.

Costco How fun

Former Employee - RTV Clerk  in  Bellingham, WA
    Former Employee - RTV Clerk in Bellingham, WA

I worked at Costco Wholesale full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Costco pays well and also provides a variety of schedules to work. They also allow students to go on student retention and still keep their seniority. On Sundays you get paid time and a half and after 90 days you get holiday pay.

Cons

It is a retail job so expect to work weekends. Also in recent years the company has become alot less family friendly,extending the weekend hours ect. Costco preaches that there is tons of opportunity for career advancement but it really depends on the area of the country you work in. The Pacific NW is stagnant.

I think that corporate needs to make sure that the promises they make to employees are actually carried out at the warehouse level.

There are newer employer reviews for Costco Wholesale

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!