Costco Wholesale

Golden handcuffs

Current Employee - Front End Assistant
Current Employee - Front End Assistant

I have been working at Costco Wholesale part-time

Pros

It's a solid company. They offer great products at great prices and they're good at what they do. I only work part-time and I still get full benefits for my husband and myself.

Cons

Standing on concrete for 8 hours straight really wears on your body no matter how good your shoes are. It's tough to get promoted mostly because there aren't that many positions in a warehouse. They need lower level employees the most. I've heard the managers refer to Costco as offering the golden handcuffs because they do pay well. A cashier can be making over $20 an hour with time and a half on sundays. You also get full benefits, sick pay, vacation, and 401K. It's really great for someone who doesn't have whole lot of ambition. However, a lot of people have big dreams but after being as Costco a few years they're making decent money and can't afford to quit even if the job is painfully mind-numbing. Hence, the golden handcuffs.

Offer new things to keep minds stimulated.

1398 Other Employee Reviews for Costco Wholesale (View Most Recent)

Work you to death.

Former Employee - Front End Assistant in Issaquah, WA
    Former Employee - Front End Assistant in Issaquah, WA

I worked at Costco Wholesale as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

They treat everyone the same. And as long as you keep working there is no problem.

Cons

They work you to death. You have to be constantly doing something even if its not busy.

Take a chill pill.

its "OK"

I have been working at Costco Wholesale part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good starting pay for retail, full benefits part time, room for advancement because they promote within. They really take care of their employees.

Cons

Crazy hours around holiday time, but that's expected in retail. If your working hard already they expect you to work even harder when your new. If you want less hours its frowned upon. They may want you to work more hours that are scheduled. Since its retail don't expect to ever get off a day on the weekend.

There are newer employer reviews for Costco Wholesale