Costco Wholesale

There are newer employer reviews for Costco Wholesale

Stressful work environment

Former Employee - Cashier in Marysville, WA
Former Employee - Cashier in Marysville, WA

I worked at Costco Wholesale part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Job security. Once hired as a permanent employee you will have a job as long as you do the minimum required. No uniforms, can wear jeans to work. Benefits for part time employees. Good pay structure, get regular pay increases based on hours worked. Easy to move to different departments/jobs.

Cons

Low turnover so not easy to move up. Constant blaring radios create a stressful environment. Management not often available to help with customer problems. Impossible to get full-time.

Recognize good employees

1472 Other Employee Reviews for Costco Wholesale (View Most Recent)

Golden handcuffs

Current Employee - Front End Assistant
    Current Employee - Front End Assistant

I have been working at Costco Wholesale part-time

Pros

It's a solid company. They offer great products at great prices and they're good at what they do. I only work part-time and I still get full benefits for my husband and myself.

Cons

Standing on concrete for 8 hours straight really wears on your body no matter how good your shoes are. It's tough to get promoted mostly because there aren't that many positions in a warehouse. They need lower level employees the most. I've heard the managers refer to Costco as offering the golden handcuffs because they do pay well. A cashier can be making over $20 an hour with time and a half on sundays. You also get full benefits, sick pay, vacation, and 401K. It's really great for someone who doesn't have whole lot of ambition. However, a lot of people have big dreams but after being as Costco a few years they're making decent money and can't afford to quit even if the job is painfully mind-numbing. Hence, the golden handcuffs.

Offer new things to keep minds stimulated.

Work you to death.

Former Employee - Front End Assistant in Issaquah, WA
    Former Employee - Front End Assistant in Issaquah, WA

I worked at Costco Wholesale as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They treat everyone the same. And as long as you keep working there is no problem.

Cons

They work you to death. You have to be constantly doing something even if its not busy.

Take a chill pill.