Costco Wholesale
3.8 of 5 1,013 reviews
www.costco.com Issaquah, WA 5000+ Employees

It sounds like the greatest job you will ever have, and then turns into your worst nightmare.

Forklift Driver (Current Employee)
West Fargo, ND

I have been working at Costco Wholesale full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat starting pay (is now at 11.50/hr), great benefits (and cheap too!), Scheduled raises, good at working around schedule.

ConsOne word, condescending! The management here is so ridiculously belittling that they have almost no morale in the workplace, especially for the morning stock crew. Just because there are no members around doesn't mean that you can be a complete jerk and have no respect for your employees. They always talk about being fair and looking out for their employees, but if it doesn't benefit them then forget it. There is always a bottom line, they get paid more than you so they get to treat you how they feel like. Whatever happened to "treat people how you want to be treated?" I was always raised that you reap what you sow, and now that is really coming to light for me. I have had better supervisors and managers in the fast food business!

Also, don't even bother taking up your issues with the higher management. I had an issue with a manager and i followed the chain of command, all the way to the GM. The GM looked at me like i was some lowlife that didn't mean anything. Said they would "Fix" the problem, but then booted me out of the office like i was a disease trying to infect everyone. I even mentioned that my morale was very low from the yelling and belittling and it didn't even fray a single hair on their head. That manager still, to this day, treats me like i am a piece of crap. In fact, all of them do. And it's not just me, all of the stock crew complain about the same managers and their condescending tone towards all of us.

I am still working there, but actively looking for another job as this is bringing me down in my home life as well. The stress levels even make me sick, physically.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees! When they say they are having an issue, don't play it off like it's a game. With a company that has an open door policy, the management needs to be open to anything, absolutely anything. Also, remember your roots. You all had to start where we are, you should be willing to treat us how you would have liked to be treated. Don't follow your former managers' footsteps, become something bigger and better and keep your employees happy or you will lose them over and over.

it is just alright

Cashier Assistant (Front End Assistant) (Current Employee)
San Dimas, CA

I have been working at Costco Wholesale part-time for more than a year

Pros: the pay is pretty good... Cons: the co workers... politics politics politics... No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Golden handcuffs

Front End Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Costco Wholesale part-time

Pros: It's a solid company. They offer great products at great prices and they're good at what… Cons: Standing on concrete for 8 hours straight really wears on your body no matter how good your shoes are. It's tough to get promoted… Advice to Senior Management: Offer new things to keep minds stimulated. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Costco Wholesale.

Worked for Costco Wholesale? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Costco Wholesale reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Costco Wholesale CEO Craig Jelinek. All reviews posted anonymously by Costco Wholesale employees.