Costco Wholesale

www.costco.com
  www.costco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Costco Wholesale

Fantastic company to work for!

Current Employee - Front-end/Cashier Assistant in San Antonio, TX
Current Employee - Front-end/Cashier Assistant in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Costco Wholesale part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Service. Fun people to work with. Never doing the same repetitive tasks. ALways room to grow and improve

Cons

It is still retail. Very traditional dress code (No earrings on guys, all tattoos must be covered, etc). Job hours fluctuate

1390 Other Employee Reviews for Costco Wholesale (View Most Recent)

I have been a Costco employee for 7 years, started like everyone else; carts, assistant, then cashier now supervisor

Current Employee - F/E Supervisor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - F/E Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Costco Wholesale full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Costco is well known for taking care of their employees. I see this everyday and happy employees will turn and take care of our members, our merchandise and our store. Most managers truly care and want to teach, want people to succeed, they like to promote within. Another great part is all the great people you get to work with . Great pay and benefits.

Cons

Costco is always a fast-paced sometimes hectic environment. You have to be able to handle that to succeed. I have seen people get overwhelmed and it is a physically demanding job, I have seen people go home sore because of the demanding job. Sometimes there isn't enough time to get done all that is required of a supervisor.

I would like to see managers get more involved, spend more time with employees/supervisors that wish to move up. They need mentors and value everything taught from managers. Mgrs are often busy and forget the role of coaching...

Fast paced, good company with plenty of room for advancement.

Current Employee - Cashier Assistant in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Cashier Assistant in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Costco Wholesale part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good pay, time and a half on Sundays, benefits for part timers, plenty of room for advancement, friendly environment, pay raises based upon hours, paid time off on major holidays

Cons

Overwhelming at times, frequently understaffed on the weekends, management does not stick up for the employees when it comes to a problem with a member

Time and a half on Saturdays should be given as well due to the amount of business that is done on this day

There are newer employer reviews for Costco Wholesale