Costco Wholesale

www.costco.com
  www.costco.com
There are newer employer reviews for Costco Wholesale

A great place to work, with great growth within the company.

Current Employee - Photo Lab Supervisor in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Photo Lab Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Costco Wholesale

Pros

Costco has some of the best benefits and competitive wages in retail to keep their most intelligent and hard working employees.

Cons

Costco is going in a direction where there are less employees, but more responsibilities for those employees. You'll see a lot of people wearing different hats working in different departments.

Management will always be the first to hear about negative feedback, but the it takes effort to award those with positive feedback. Also, watching a manager do the little things like push carts or clean food court tables goes a long way and sends a big message.

1398 Other Employee Reviews for Costco Wholesale (View Most Recent)

Nice...but could be better with more full-time positions.

Current Employee - Deli Assistant in Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Deli Assistant in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Costco Wholesale

Pros

The benefits with Costco are amazing! I do not know of many places that offer full time benefits to part time employees. There are also stock options and 401k options. The hours are good and the management does work with you if you have 2 jobs or school. I wouls say that this job is great for students, or people that wish to make some extra cash and have fun. There is possibility for growth if you pu your time and effort into it.

Cons

There are not many full time postions available due to the job being so well no one wants to really move up. The store that I am in rarley has full time postings due to Costco wanting to work people harder and cutting hours. So the people that have full time are stable do not wish tho give that up or move up since with overtime they can make almost as much as management. The part timers make less and with that you can have more part time postions available. This makes it hard to move up with Costco. Some people are with the company 4-5 years before they can reach full time status.

I believe that the management should lower the hours in between pay raises, if they want to part time people so much for little pay. 11.00 to start is great but when you only work 24 hours a week that the same as 30 hours on min wage. so for 8.74 at 40 hours a week is more that 24 hours for 11.00 an hour. I know there is room for growth but the full time positions are limited for each store. I love Costco and am trying to make it my career but I can't even pay my bills in the mean time. Is there a way to stop cutting hours when the company is actually profiting? I am a buisness major so I understand a lot more then most people ,I get it more bonuses more of this and that. I just believe you have to spend money to make money.

Great benefits but management works you ragged

Current Employee - Cashier in Arlington, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Costco Wholesale

Pros

The benefits and pay are far above other retail stores. Time off is usually easy to get. If you want a job that pays well but are not looking for advancement, then it is a great place to be.

Cons

Promoting was done heavily the last 5 - 10 year and has since slowed almost to a halt. The typical vertical retail management heirarchy has led to a lot of bottle necking. Even though this company is thriving in a recession fewer stores are opening. As management positions open they are frequently filled by Californians who have worked for the company for 15+ years, little room for advancement within the stores in the rest of the country.

There are newer employer reviews for Costco Wholesale