Cotton On

www.cottonon.com.au

Very Different!

Current Employee - Store Manager
Current Employee - Store Manager

Pros

Great Room for Growth Opportunity, and room for Advancement. Hard work will pay off. No bonus program for Management, but Excellent Compensation packages. Opportunity to help set up new stores, as well as travel outside of the Country.

Cons

NO HOURS!!!!! You are given the amount of hours for the full time manager and one key holder. High turnover for associates due to no hours that can be given all year. No censors on clothing, and you will be left in the store for a significant amount of time ALONE. Work off Clock for hours end because of no payroll hours. High Shrink because no coverage. Very Upset at the opportunity this company have but wont allow. Store Managers are not allowed to recruit hire or fire. H.R team in Corporate Handles this, which is NOT good.

Please add hours on to the teams and stores. You will have a less turnover from Store Managers, ASM and Sales Associates. Please start providing some knowledge of how to make more profit. The store concept is excllent, as the clothing makes money on it;s on but with no Hours you can never MAXIMIZE FULLY! For this is the reason why im Searching for another company only after being with you guys for a Few Months. Very Disppointed.

Other reviews for Cotton On

Mixed Emotions

Pros

I am passionate about the product and work with a great manager who has trained me in everything from VM to operations. Great pay compared to most retailers.

Cons

My store was consistently understaffed even though we were the highest volume store in the area, and whenever we got fully staffed we had a drastic hours cut that gave the key holders and associates only about 21 hours to split each week. Bad music selection. Very chaotic... there was always something to do but they would make us complete VMs on the weekend or change a table in the middle of a Saturday night.

Before building any more stores, make sure that the rest are organized and fully functional. Clearly every part of management is overwhelmed, which often makes the job more stressful than it should be.

Good seasonal job

Pros

I work as holiday casual.. so it's a temp job. I don't have to work the register, just work the floor, dressing rooms and help customers. My manager is really laid back and as long as we wear something that looks like something from the store and doesn't have a huge brand name on it, we don't have to wear 100% C.O.

They also do a ton of charity work!

Cons

Really busy during the holiday season but that is really typical anywhere you work at during that time of year.

There are newer employer reviews for Cotton On.

Worked for Cotton On? Contribute to the Community!