Cotton On

There are newer employer reviews for Cotton On

Poor

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Cotton On as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

not particularly challenging, easy job

Cons

limited responsibilities, unfriendly staff, poor reward system

155 Other Employee Reviews for Cotton On (View Most Recent)

Friendly with a harsh bite

Current Employee - Key Holder
    Current Employee - Key Holder

I have been working at Cotton On

Pros

Their flexibility when it come to school or personal availability is good. He people are all friendly and you meet a lot of interesting people. The key holders and sales associates all become close. Though it gets clichey like any other job.

Cons

When you are unavailable to come in when they call you even though you aren't scheduled causes some tension. You get scolded and your hours consequently get cut. As sort of slap on the wrist. They expect you to be at their beck and call. Also the discount is not enough whenthey expect us to wear all their product all the time. I get 30 percent off and we often offer customers that much on special promotions. I might as wellnot even have a discount. You get in trouble a lot when your sales aren't up to their ridiculously high percentage even when the store is exceeding its budget goal significantly. They breathe down your neck all he time and nothing is ever perfect enough or reaching their standards. Though you get praise there is always a slew of critiques to follow.
    Many employees quit after about 3 months because of the harsh treatment. I have been their almost a year and only because it's hard to find another job!!

Stop putting so much pressure on employees and listen to what they have to say. Stop making a simple sales associate job feel like a commitment. This isn't for many of us a career that we are married to.

Very Different!

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Cotton On

Pros

Great Room for Growth Opportunity, and room for Advancement. Hard work will pay off. No bonus program for Management, but Excellent Compensation packages. Opportunity to help set up new stores, as well as travel outside of the Country.

Cons

NO HOURS!!!!! You are given the amount of hours for the full time manager and one key holder. High turnover for associates due to no hours that can be given all year. No censors on clothing, and you will be left in the store for a significant amount of time ALONE. Work off Clock for hours end because of no payroll hours. High Shrink because no coverage. Very Upset at the opportunity this company have but wont allow. Store Managers are not allowed to recruit hire or fire. H.R team in Corporate Handles this, which is NOT good.

Please add hours on to the teams and stores. You will have a less turnover from Store Managers, ASM and Sales Associates. Please start providing some knowledge of how to make more profit. The store concept is excllent, as the clothing makes money on it;s on but with no Hours you can never MAXIMIZE FULLY! For this is the reason why im Searching for another company only after being with you guys for a Few Months. Very Disppointed.

There are newer employer reviews for Cotton On