CouchSurfing

www.couchsurfing.org
  www.couchsurfing.org
There are newer employer reviews for CouchSurfing

The first startup I have found that feels like a real family.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CouchSurfing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Really smart people, regular work hours, in-house chef, amazing office space, travel stipend to visit other countries and use the product.

Cons

Lots of change (both in technology and personnel)

With any startup, there are tough decisions on how to grow the company to support new projects. If the current management team continues be honest about "change", then the company and product will continue to improve.

28 Other Employee Reviews for CouchSurfing (View Most Recent)

A great idea going quickly down the drain

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CouchSurfing full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Group meals and fun office space.

Cons

Gross mis-management issues destroying the unique vibe and replacing it with a culture of fear and "Yes Men".

When I started, this seemed like the best job ever. Even in just the year or so that I've been here I've seen the company rapidly decline. Any sort of mission or vision focus has been completely erased. Most of the original people have quit or been let go through regular mass layoffs. Those who have managed to hang on to their jobs have learned to do whatever the head guy tells them to and not to ask questions. My job is no longer about making decisions or creating, it's about pushing buttons. I just hope I can hang on to it long enough to find a new one elsewhere. There's no passion here any longer.

I hope the Couchsurfing community finds a way to survive with CS or without.

Best of luck to you. I hope I can leap frog onto the next job before you fire me.

CouchSurfing as we know it is no more

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CouchSurfing full-time

Pros

All the great community members.

Cons

The new management have quickly fired anyone who was around in the non-profit days and have completely forgotten the original mission and vision. Semi-annual mass layoffs will continue to happen without notice while they struggle to figure out how to make money off of people's goodwill and hospitality. Good luck to the actual CouchSurfing community members in the future.

There are newer employer reviews for CouchSurfing