CouchSurfing

www.couchsurfing.org

The best job I've ever had

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros-From the beginning I have felt empowered to expand my role, take on more responsibility, and challenge myself.
-Upper management has been nothing but transparent with me since I started. Yes they expect a high level of performance and yes they fire people who underperform. This is because they are building a company where you are surrounded by the best employees in the city. Every team member should be astounding.
-Culture is at the forefront of upper management's mind. There are weekly activities from volleyball league, to offsite happy hours. The meals, as pretty much everyone here has mentioned, are incredible. Free lunch and dinner by a stellar chef? Yes please. Cooking for palio, vegetarian, vegan, picky diets? You bet.
-We are working towards something meaningful and inspired. The old website was clunky and problematic. We are building a new one that will make Couchsurfing easier and more fulfilling, whilst opening it up to a whole new audience.
-Great equipment, and facilites. They make sure you have everything you need.
-The people here truly care about one another. My best friends work here beside me, and I feel like I have finally found my home. I wake up excited to come here everyday.

Cons-The office needs more bathrooms. There is always a line and it is annoying
-The heating and cooling is a little wonky. Upstairs area is a sauna.
-You have to be careful not to spend too much time here!

Advice to Senior ManagementGetting fired is hard. Many of the reviews here are from people who have felt the sting of a recent layoff from a company they poured their heart, soul, blood, sweat and tears into. But their opinions do not truly describe what its like to work here now.

My advice to management is keep doing what you are doing. Remember that everyone who is here now, wants to be. In all that entails. Keep treating us with the respect we have come to expect.

new and awesome challenges everyday that keep me learning and growing as an engineer

Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CouchSurfing full-time for less than a year

Pros: I really love the people I work with. The other engineers are extremely talented and I learn from them every single day. The work is… Cons: I love my work so much, that sometimes its hard to balance out other parts of my life. I find myself staying up through the… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the good work. Its going to be an… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

The biggest 180 I have ever witnessed a company take

Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at CouchSurfing full-time for less than a year

Pros: - The people you work closely with on a day to day basis are phenomenal. They are fun, they feel like family, and most… Cons: - I can not even begin to stress these three words enough: *Culture Of Fear!* Senior management actually uses the phrase, "If you… Advice to Senior Management: -- Don't remove the art and inspiration from the walls. It shows your true colors. -- Listen to your community. They know what made… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on CouchSurfing.

Worked for CouchSurfing? Contribute to the Community!