Don't work for Circle K

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Loveland, OH
Current Employee - Cashier in Loveland, OH

I have been working at Couche-Tard

Pros

The customers are the reason I have stayed so long. I also like working 3rd shift. I also like everyones personality that I work with. We just need the teamwork. We also have a very fair boss.

Cons

In order for me to get my 40 hours I have to work three 3rd shifts and two 1st shifts. Some of the employees don't keep up on stocking. Theres definately no team work at the store I work at. They have this lame program called SEAL basically you sign it everyday and say what your going to do that day then you get evaluated. You dont get nothing if you get a good evaluation. Some corporate dummy thought it was a good idea. You only get a raise once a year and it only goes up to a quarter!!! There insurance isn't worth having. Your complaints don't get taken care of. But they keep coming up with more things that they want there employee to do for them. But they need to compensate the employees. This company just wants to have cheap waged employees. I worked for the company for 2 yrs all I recieveds was a lame pin I could put on my nametag. That read Service for 2 yrs a letter saying how much they apperciate me. 3rd year recieved nothing. There handbook needs redone. There are alot of things in it that aren't true. I had a brother in-law pass away in it your suposed to get payed for days you missed up to three. I missed two did I get payed no. I have worked with the company for 3 yrs. Do I get 2 weeks paid vacation no it goes by a percentage of hours worked. We have to tolerate alot of stuff from customers especially about prices. Let the corporate people work in a real busy Circle K for 2 weeks and let them see how much they like the job.

There should be 2 people per shift. There should be a checklist for each shift on what needs to be done the employee should also have to intial it. There should be a policy where 3 strikes your fired. Give the employees a incentive to stay working with circle k. Give them a extra raise for every year worked. Give the employees discounts on merchandise. Show the employees you care and they will care about your business. Little incentives like a paid day off or sick days. I have worked with them for 3 yrs and have called off maybe 4 times. Due to illness or death in family. That kind of stuff needs rewarded. Prepay all pumps you won't have to worry about driveoffs!!!