Counsyl

www.counsyl.com

Fast-growing biotech company with positive outlook. Mission is commendable!

Genetic Counselor (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros- All employees seem to be well-respected
- Promise for career advancement
- Incredible learning curve (learned so much in 1 month with the company compared to years at previous in role, weekly webinars to learn more about the inner-workings of the company, etc)
- Provides various technological equipment to perform work remotely with ease
- Headquarters (newly renovated, lunch/dinner provided during business week, gym on-site, etc-remote employees rarely benefit from this)

Cons- Some positions are remote (professional relationships may be difficult and slow to develop, though the company facilitates local and national meetings to encourage building relationships)
- Work/Life balance (there's always work to do, and it can be difficult to know when to stop working; the company does strongly encourage maintaining balance though, so this may be more of a personal issue)
- Benefits (getting better, but not comparable to clinical position in a hospital or similar)

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

The best place I've ever worked at!

Laboratory Director (Current Employee) South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Counsyl full-time for more than a year

Pros: - Clear vision, which is communicated well - Management is very passionate and leads by example - Most highly automated clinical laboratory in existence -… Cons: - Heavy workload, partly due to still having much of the lean… Advice to Senior Management: Rock on! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Smoke and Mirrors

Account Executive (Current Employee) South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Counsyl full-time for less than a year

Pros: Interesting product offering Lots of young people Base salary is ok, as… Cons: The company sounds great in the surface. But beneath the smoke and mirrors it is a disorganized mess, lacking a strong direction for the future,… Advice to Senior Management: Stop adding so many new sales reps, until the business grows to support all of these positions. Improve benefits package. Get in network with more… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Counsyl.

Worked for Counsyl? Contribute to the Community!