There are newer employer reviews for Countrywide Financial

Hopefully now that Ken Lewis is running the show things will be better

Former Employee - Production Manager
Former Employee - Production Manager

I worked at Countrywide Financial

Pros

The pay was hard to beat elsewhere

Cons

In order to earn that much money you had to trade the rest of you life outside of work. My family almost forgot who I was because I was working so much.

Senior management is the primary reason this company is now part of Bank of America. So the advice I would give them is good luck in retirement.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good bye and good riddance.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Simi Valley, CA

I have been working at Countrywide Financial

Pros

It's getting bought by a bigger, stronger company.

Cons

Our name is mud and we were responsible for a large part of the global financial collapse by making loans to people who should not have them, therefore inflating global portfolios beyond their intrinsic values.

(For Bank of America). Have a stronger vision for the end user experience. The web site and marketing programs often seem set up to benefit BofA rather than the customer.

2. Intern who worked in Associate Development Program

Former Employee - Intern in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Countrywide Financial

Pros

The best reason to work for Countrywide is that it is now a part of Bank of America. It is a great place to learn, and all of the people who work there now seem like genuine and intelligent people. At the lower level, they are trying to hire college talent in order to promote from within because they had trouble hiring executives externally in the past. The pay, for interns, is excellent. The perks are also spectacular, including free housing at an apartment complex fully furnished with a pool. You also get a free rental car for the duration.

Cons

The company has been and may still be in disarray. The company hiring and firing procedures is still unclear, as Bank of America H R has not fully decided how they are going to integrate the two processes. Thus, job security is still very low, and there will probably be more lay offs in the future. Also, because the company is so big, it may be difficult to get promoted from within quickly. It could take twenty years to rise to the top and, if you are willing, it could be a great place to work. Good luck with this situation.

Figure out your message and express it.

There are newer employer reviews for Countrywide Financial