Countrywide Financial

A few thoughts

Current Employee - Account Executive in Richardson, TX
Current Employee - Account Executive in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Countrywide Financial

Pros

Countrywide is a good place to work because you are working for a large financial firm where many different opportunities for growth are available. This company encourages moving into different positions in various departments throughout your career at the company. Having this experience in different fields make an individual more valuable, as you acquire many different skillsets, which always looks good on a resume. You are able to achieve this all while staying under the umbrella of Countrywide and maintaining job stability.

Cons

Countrywide can be an extremely disorganized organization. One of the favorite sayings is that if you don't understand a policy or procedure and ask 10 different people, you will get 10 different answers.

To treat everybody fairly and equally.

82 Other Employee Reviews for Countrywide Financial (View Most Recent)

Its too bad the organization had to be purchased

Former Employee - Loan Officer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Loan Officer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Countrywide Financial

Pros

Training from the managers and the pay earned

Cons

We had to work a lot of hours to cover various time zones and the schedule wasnt always set.

keep communicating to the teams so they know what is going to happen

Two thumbs up for Countrywide

Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Financial Services Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Countrywide Financial

Pros

The company had very good CD and MMA rates which made it easier to hit my goals. The work environment is nice and I don’t have a manager over my shoulder constituently. Overall it is a great company to work for.

Cons

I would say there are only a few downsides to the company and the way the offices are set up. With there only being 1-2 employees in each office getting time off can be a little difficult some times. District manager was not educated at all in what I did on a day to day basis and didn't really provide any help in most situations.

Spend some time learning what your employees are doing day to day instead of just looking at the bottom line

There are newer employer reviews for Countrywide Financial