Countrywide Financial

www.countrywide.com

Bloated middle management layer

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President
Former Employee - Assistant Vice President

Pros

laid back environment in some offices,

Cons

Some offices are like cattle farms, there are too many VPs, SVPs and other middle managers, many of whom don't even have anyone reporting to them

improve quality of work environment for lower level workers (below SVP level).

Other reviews for Countrywide Financial

Poisen

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

Once BofA Purchased (errrr saved) the company, I could pretty much do whatever I wanted too during the transition. Decent manager, but couldn't answer tough questions

Cons

This place was poisen from the time I walked through the door. The only reason why I even accepted was the market was in the tanks and it was the best option at the time. Sr. leadership was a joke made up of diciples of Angelo Mozilo (ie. the Orange Man).

B of A folks weren't much better, they just have deep enough pockets. My advice, don't think becasue someone is a Black Belt in Six Sigma, they have any clue what they are doing. Some of the biggests fools I've ever met had a black belt.

The company that could have been

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Calabasas, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calabasas, CA

Pros

During the housing boom, Countrywide was one of the fastest growing public companies around. Senior management was probably the most knowledgable about the mortgage industry.

Cons

The different divisions (e.g., mortgage, banking, insurance, etc.) and overhead functions did not work together in the most collaborative and effective way; instead, performance was based on individual achievements. Professionally managed companies make sure that divisions and functions work together, sharing resources and intellectual capital. Countrywide, unfortunately, was not quite there.

Better risk management and more focus on long-term growth is needed rather than the desire to chase market share.

There are newer employer reviews for Countrywide Financial.

Worked for Countrywide Financial? Contribute to the Community!