There are newer employer reviews for Countrywide Financial

scheduled breaks - "what time do you pee?"

Current Employee - Negotiator II Home Retention Division in Richardson, TX
Current Employee - Negotiator II Home Retention Division in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Countrywide Financial

Pros

benefits if you can stand to stay long enough to qualify for them.

Cons

micromanagement and lack of respect for employees - no one in my department smiles or seems happy to be doing their jobs. we are supposed to be in the business of helping people and no one cares because they are so miserably controlled by management and the Aspect time management system nightmare. even long term employees are unhappy with this department and most are unhappy with the departments they came from. not a good recommendation.

Advice to Management

1. get people off of the Aspect time micromanagement system. you are turning everyone into clock watchers who are afraid of non-compliance for missing their pathetic 10 minute scheduled break. it interferes with a normal natural work flow. 2. give us casual fridays. what is the big deal? we don't have face to face interaction with our customers. 3. don't make employees, especially new employees you recruited because you disparately need them, feel like you don't trust them at all.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. One of the worst companies in finance

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Countrywide Financial

Pros

The fact that you get paid regardles of whether you do a good job.

Cons

This is one of the most nepotistic companies I've seen. People advance here by sleeping with people in power. There is no reward for going above and beyond. Instead, the firm prefers to institute a culture of fear and scare people into performing their jobs for low cost. The corporate bureaucracy wastes money and ties the hands of line managers. Many senior managers throughout the organization only care about their own pocketbooks and are therefore disingenuous with their communications. It could be due to incompetence, but that's equally pathetic.

Advice to Management

Stop chasing money and pay attention to the bloated infrastructure you've allowed to develop.

2. Countrywide CanNOT!

Current Employee - Operations Manager in West McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in West McLean, VA

I have been working at Countrywide Financial

Pros

the one only reason to work for Countrywide is the feeling of accomplishment when you've truly helped someone refinance or purchase a home.

Cons

there are two many downsides to list.

Advice to Management

All Management personnell should be required to take management training courses regularly and updated courses every year.