Countrywide Financial
www.countrywide.com Calabasas, CA 5000+ Employees

It Deserved to Fail

Vice President (Current Employee)

ProsIn certain divisions, there used to be a lot of growth and promotion opportunity. Compensation was very uneven, but some people were paid extremely well, especially relative to their skillset and contribution.

ConsToo many to enumerate. Across the board, the physical and social environment is very uncomfortable. Social conversation is discouraged, and there is extremely little privacy, so it is difficult to form strong working relationships. There is a serious lack of ability and failure to manage people.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut people first. Take a semester-long ethics class. Get rid of the 3 foot tall cubicles.

scheduled breaks - "what time do you pee?"

Negotiator II Home Retention Division (Current Employee)
    Richardson, TX

I have been working at Countrywide Financial

Pros: benefits if you can stand to stay long enough to… Cons: micromanagement and lack of respect for employees - no one in my department smiles or seems happy to be doing their jobs. we are supposed… Advice to Senior Management: 1. get people off of the Aspect time micromanagement system. you are turning everyone into clock watchers who are afraid of non-compliance for missing their… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

One of the worst companies in finance

Assistant Vice President (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Countrywide Financial

Pros: The fact that you get paid regardles of whether you… Cons: This is one of the most nepotistic companies I've seen. People advance here by sleeping with people in power. There is no reward… Advice to Senior Management: Stop chasing money and pay attention to the bloated infrastructure… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Countrywide Financial.

Worked for Countrywide Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Countrywide Financial reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Countrywide Financial CEO Angelo R Mozilo. All reviews posted anonymously by Countrywide Financial employees.