There are newer employer reviews for Countrywide Financial

Countrywide is a terrible place to work.

Former Employee - Credit Analyst I in Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Credit Analyst I in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Countrywide Financial

Pros

You could put in a lot of overtime.

In fact, it was required!

Cons

Management in my department were prejudiced against you if you were not Hispanic . . . . they would talk about you in Spanish and laugh making it obvious which employee they were belittling.
They belittled employees instead of encouraging them to do better. And they made sure other employees heard.
High turnover as we all found jobs with companies that treated their employees like people.
They made promises about advancement but never followed through.

Advice to Management

They brought the ghetto from California to run the Tempe Landsafe offices. BIG mistake. They have no respect for the employees and the employees leave taking all the training and knowledge with them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Working conditions at Countrywide mirror the housing market--when things are great, it's great & vice-versa

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Countrywide Financial

Pros

Pay was formerly the best reason, but current environment has led to compensation reductions for most employees. Changes are constant, which can be positive, if embraced. Surrounded by talented people.

Cons

Work-life balance is extremely poor; constant concern over "right-sizing"--euphemism for layoffs; training is virtually non-existent.

Advice to Management

The expectation of employees continues to be "more, more, more, faster, faster, faster". Working people this way is like asking them to run on a treadmill that keeps getting faster. They eventually wear out & productivity suffers. Work/life balance should be embraced & promoted. Sadly, it is workaholism that is rewarded, and thereby the expectation.

2. It might work it might not

Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Analyst in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Countrywide Financial

Pros

It is in Southern California. I work of the Irvine office. If you really want to live in Orange County, then this company could be ideal for you. It is a laid back work environment.

Cons

Terrible communication. Lack of objective performance standards. Incompetent senior management. To get ahead at Countrywide you need to gain the favor of someone at level above you. People are promoted based on favortism and not necessarily performance.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees.