There are newer employer reviews for Countrywide Financial

Countrywide is a terrible place to work.

Former Employee - Credit Analyst I in Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Credit Analyst I in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Countrywide Financial

Pros

You could put in a lot of overtime. In fact, it was required!

Cons

Management in my department were prejudiced against you if you were not Hispanic . . . . they would talk about you in Spanish and laugh making it obvious which employee they were belittling. They belittled employees instead of encouraging them to do better. And they made sure other employees heard. High turnover as we all found jobs with companies that treated their employees like people. They made promises about advancement but never followed through.

Advice to Management

They brought the ghetto from California to run the Tempe Landsafe offices. BIG mistake. They have no respect for the employees and the employees leave taking all the training and knowledge with them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Typical southern California company

Former Employee - Information Security Engineer in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Information Security Engineer in Plano, TX

I worked at Countrywide Financial

Pros

Work/life balance in the position I was in, the corporate offices were generally in nice areas and suburbs, commute times reasonable, nice offices

Cons

Lack of career advancement opportunities, lack of recognition of superior work, geographic separation of management and staff leads to the 'out of sight, out of mind' mentality.

Advice to Management

Prepare for a culture shock with the BOA acquisition, and be open to change. Recognize that structure and organization are a good thing.

2. Although Countrywide is not more, the direction under Bank of America is positive.

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President, Business Systems Analysis in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Countrywide Financial

Pros

The people. Everyone is smart, professional and willing to do what it takes to get the job done. Most people care about the company and the direction it takes. They care about the customers and ensure that we are always doing the right the thing.

Cons

Sr. Management doesn't seem to know what's happening within each group. Rather then looking for strong leaders within the organization they go outside. The issue with this is that these people don't last. This causes stress on the employees, and ensures that people wont stay, as they don't see opportunities for growth.

Advice to Management

Look at the way you treat your employees. Look internally, and learn about the people that work for you. When other's depart seek direction from those they lead. If you lost a good manager, it's probably a safe bet that they left behind good employees that will provide direction and possible management.