There are newer employer reviews for County of Riverside

There is no room for growth!!!!

Current Employee - Clerk in Riverside, CA
Current Employee - Clerk in Riverside, CA

I have been working at County of Riverside full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Close to my house and benefits

Cons

Once you get into a department, you are stuck in the same department until you die. They have a horrible resume system and your 10+ years of skills and qualifications won't help you move into another department for growth opportunities. HR says resumes are scan based on keywords but that is a LIE! I have revamped my resume several times and I never get a call. Only calls I get are for my own department. I did not go to school to be working in my current department. I have goals, dreams and career ambitions that will never be fulfilled because whatever department you get in.....you will not be able to get out. Management is not the brightest. These people only got to where they are because they worked for the County for 25+ years. Majority of them really don't know how to run a department and that is why the public gets upset because everything is so slow. If you are active, eager, energetic, a recent graduate with ideas and motivation then don't work here because they hate people with new innovative ideas. Also don't work here if you don't like doing repetitive stuff because everything is repetitive no matter what position you are in. It is basically an assembly line. And bottom line, you work with a lot of incompetent people that instead of working on their flaws to improve themselves, they worry about making other people's life miserable.

Advice to Management

Need to have more opportunities for growth such as advancement, training classes and encouragement. How can you represent a County of Leaders when you fail to allow your employees to grow and promote. Classes are offered but how do you expect employees to take these classes when you keep cutting the pay. With the current Degree I have and the 10+ years I have worked for the County, what makes you think that your resumix system would even pick me up if I fork out money for your excellence classes and another degree. You folks need to consider a new system. Everyone complains about not being able to move into another department.

Other Employee Reviews for County of Riverside

1. I thoroughly enjoyed working for

Former Employee - TAP CSSW V in Riverside, CA
    Former Employee - TAP CSSW V in Riverside, CA

I worked at County of Riverside full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Clean bathrooms, a/c worked well, cubbies are large; work was interesting.

Cons

The cell phones provided by the County did not have a calendar on them. This was a mistake and a waste of money.

Advice to Management

When a person works for you as a TAP worker, you should hire them when you have openings as a regular worker with benefits.

2. Great Opportunity

Pros

Lots of Growth within various departments

Cons

Too easy to top out your pay grade.

Advice to Management

Take a pay cut