County of Riverside
www.countyofriverside.us Riverside, CA

There is no room for growth!!!!

Clerk (Current Employee)
Riverside, CA

I have been working at County of Riverside full-time for more than 10 years

ProsClose to my house and benefits

ConsOnce you get into a department, you are stuck in the same department until you die. They have a horrible resume system and your 10+ years of skills and qualifications won't help you move into another department for growth opportunities. HR says resumes are scan based on keywords but that is a LIE! I have revamped my resume several times and I never get a call. Only calls I get are for my own department. I did not go to school to be working in my current department. I have goals, dreams and career ambitions that will never be fulfilled because whatever department you get in.....you will not be able to get out. Management is not the brightest. These people only got to where they are because they worked for the County for 25+ years. Majority of them really don't know how to run a department and that is why the public gets upset because everything is so slow. If you are active, eager, energetic, a recent graduate with ideas and motivation then don't work here because they hate people with new innovative ideas. Also don't work here if you don't like doing repetitive stuff because everything is repetitive no matter what position you are in. It is basically an assembly line. And bottom line, you work with a lot of incompetent people that instead of working on their flaws to improve themselves, they worry about making other people's life miserable.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to have more opportunities for growth such as advancement, training classes and encouragement. How can you represent a County of Leaders when you fail to allow your employees to grow and promote. Classes are offered but how do you expect employees to take these classes when you keep cutting the pay. With the current Degree I have and the 10+ years I have worked for the County, what makes you think that your resumix system would even pick me up if I fork out money for your excellence classes and another degree. You folks need to consider a new system. Everyone complains about not being able to move into another department.

I thoroughly enjoyed working for

TAP CSSW V (Former Employee)
Riverside, CA

I worked at County of Riverside full-time for less than a year

Pros: Clean bathrooms, a/c worked well, cubbies are large; work was… Cons: The cell phones provided by the County did not have a… Advice to Senior Management: When a person works for you as a TAP worker, you should… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great Opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at County of Riverside

Pros: Lots of Growth within various departments Cons: Too easy to top out your pay grade. Advice to Senior Management: Take a pay cut More

There are newer reviews on County of Riverside.

Worked for County of Riverside? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at County of Riverside reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for County of Riverside CEO John J. Benoit . All reviews posted anonymously by County of Riverside employees.