County of Sacramento

www.saccounty.net
There are newer employer reviews for County of Sacramento

Some Nice People all Bad Management

I worked at County of Sacramento

Pros

There are some great and really enthusiastic employees that work for the County. They are the backbone that do all the work for the County. The benefits are great especially dental and retirement plans.

Cons

The management does not care about increasing an employee's skill level. They are afraid that smart employee might pass them up and take their job away.

Value your day to day employees and management less. I know my department would have run a lot smoother without a supervisor.

33 Other Employee Reviews for County of Sacramento (View Most Recent)

It's good

Current Employee - Deputy Sheriff in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Deputy Sheriff in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at County of Sacramento full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I like my income and my coworkers. If you have college education you make more money for the same amount of work than the people without college.

Cons

In my job you never know what shift you may work . You might have to work weekends and holidays

Abbreviated good and bad about DHHS

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at County of Sacramento full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits; health, dental and vision, insurance; and the retirement plan. Other benefits include sick leave and adequate personal time off benefit.

Cons

- Difficult to take pre-scheduled time off due to work load demands
    - The practice among some to take inappropriate advantage of WCI. False, or suspected fake, WCI's negatively affect moral for many reasons - and also leave remaining staff somewhat disabled as they work to provide services while their peer is out 'injured'.

If more investigators were used, false WCI claims would be prevented or interrupted. And the costs of hiring WCI investigators would quickly be recovered when fraudulent claims were identified.

The greater benefit of course would be that more employees would be at work and better services to the public could be provided.

There are newer employer reviews for County of Sacramento