There are newer employer reviews for County of Sacramento

Some Nice People all Bad Management

I worked at County of Sacramento

Pros

There are some great and really enthusiastic employees that work for the County. They are the backbone that do all the work for the County. The benefits are great especially dental and retirement plans.

Cons

The management does not care about increasing an employee's skill level. They are afraid that smart employee might pass them up and take their job away.

Value your day to day employees and management less. I know my department would have run a lot smoother without a supervisor.

32 Other Employee Reviews for County of Sacramento (View Most Recent)

It's good

Current Employee - Deputy Sheriff  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Deputy Sheriff in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at County of Sacramento full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I like my income and my coworkers. If you have college education you make more money for the same amount of work than the people without college.

Cons

In my job you never know what shift you may work . You might have to work weekends and holidays

Sac County Employment

Current Employee - Senior Mental Health Counselor  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Mental Health Counselor in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at County of Sacramento full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The county has strong unions and better than average pay rates. There are awesome benefits with thirteen paid holidays in addition to sick leave and vacations. For those in a certain tier, Kaiser is free to the individual employee.

Cons

The challenges are similar to most company challenges. Quite often those in high places make policies that affect lower level employees and the policy makers have no clue as to what is happening on a day to day basis.

Ask more questions of the employees doing the day to day work with the consumers and taxpayers of Sacramento County.

There are newer employer reviews for County of Sacramento

Worked for County of Sacramento? Contribute to the Community!