There are newer employer reviews for County of Sacramento

Great

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I worked at County of Sacramento

Pros

Great place to work and learn!

Cons

Can get boring sometimes and theres not much to do

None

30 Other Employee Reviews for County of Sacramento (View Most Recent)

Department of Health and Human Services needs improvement

Current Employee - Mental Health Clinician  in  Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Mental Health Clinician in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at County of Sacramento

Pros

union-protected jobs, pay is okay for people working in treatment center, get to work with some really messed up people (clients and employees) for psychology understanding

Cons

DHHS: management is horrible, initiatives are written in e-mail memos that nobody reads, including my supervisor. Management is nasty, politics are intense and harsh. Employees are seen as a cog in the machine and not respected. No learning is valued, rather policies and procedures are followed. Union-protected jobs lead to many incompetent and nasty employees making a miserable work environment. One entering as a clinician is not going to move up the ladder. Budget mess and no ability to vision or be proactive in protecting people's jobs or services of the communities.

Radical re-engineering efforts need to take place in DHHS, and all of the county as it is the most dysfunctional place that I have worked in. This county will fall by the wayside when the budget mess gets serious. If such a thing as a bankrupt county exists, they are heading that direction.
    Communication is paramount, and management respect and openness needs to occur. Accountability is huge, and lists of collaborative behaviors needs to be agreed upon. Not once have I heard of a mission, vision and values penetrating the layers of mgmt to make it to the employees. leaders are managers, simple as that. Managers need to evolve into leaders.

Never work for a company that has a No Tolerance For Harrassement, because there's more harrassemnt within the company.

Former Employee - Food Service Worker II  in  West Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Food Service Worker II in West Sacramento, CA

I worked at County of Sacramento

Pros

Some co-workers are great to work with because they know if we works as a TEAM our job assigments will get done fast and proper. Some co-workers need to understand that their is only one Chief so stop trying to be something your not.

Cons

when you are discriminated and go to your supervisor, manager or director the issue is ignored, because all the supervisors, managers and directors are all friends and when they want someone out, trust me they make up reasons to get you dismissed.

be fair with all employees, not just your favorites and does wrong but is never disciplined.

There are newer employer reviews for County of Sacramento

Worked for County of Sacramento? Contribute to the Community!