County of Santa Clara

www.sccgov.org

Overall, I have enjoyed my time working with the District Attorney's Office.

Paralegal (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsI have been blessed to work with so many great people who have shared their experience and knowledge with this newcomer. The cases that I have worked on are hardly boring and keep my busy. Unlike working in the private field, the attorneys at the DA's Office are down to earth and very friendly. The benefits are good and I have no reason to complain about the salary.

ConsSometimes it can be very stressful to make your deadlines, but that is true for any job in the legal field. Some of the departments can be more draining than others. Hearing the cases of sexual abuse can be hard to hear, but it is a part of the job. You gotta do what you gotta do so the criminals doing the abuse are off the streets. I also feel that more training is necessary.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough I understand cross-training is beneficial, I believe giving an employee time to master his/her position (at least a year) before moving departments is necessary.

its not what you know, its who you...

Supervising Protective Services Officer (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at County of Santa Clara full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The medical benefits package can not be beat. Cons: Promotion from within is an unreasonable expectation. Advice to Senior Management: Not everything is the best or worst thing that may… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

difficult to navigate growth ladder

Office Specialist III (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at County of Santa Clara full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great place if you can become an independent contributor and… Cons: Recruitment process is stifling. Transfer band designed to make things fair and impartial… Advice to Senior Management: You will lose solid, hard working employees if you do not sincerely promote the growth and development of ALL of your staff, not just… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on County of Santa Clara.

Worked for County of Santa Clara? Contribute to the Community!