Coupa Software Inc

There are newer employer reviews for Coupa Software Inc

Great Culture - Very Flexible and Supports Professional Goals to the Max

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Mateo, CA
Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company Culture - Fun, innovative, productive, work-hard/play-hard
Company Outlook - great to work for a company growing so fast
Customer Feedback - no one is perfect, but customers overwhelmingly positive toward Coupa

Cons

Expected to work hard when needed. Ownership and responsibility is time consuming.
B2B - so clients can be big and powerful, and sometimes difficult to manage.

Keep investing in growth - the potential for a B2B company with this kind of culture and product usability is enormous!

78 Other Employee Reviews for Coupa Software Inc (View Most Recent)

Lots of mojo. On the path to HUGE SUCCESS!!

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Product and the genuine and relentless focus on Customer Success rocks! Customers are truly happy and they have high adoption. No shelfware - unheard of in the enterprise software space. At my prior companies, unhappy customers and shelfware were huge barriers to upwell/cross-sell/renewals.

All the building blocks for Sales are in place....Very solid Sales leadership. Great support teams - Pre-sales, value, customer success, services. Use of productivity tools (Salesforce and other). Tightly knit with Marketing and Channels / Partners. None of the BS you see in large companies - overlays, reporting to multiple bosses, periodic status updates. Enviable track record of head-to-head competitive wins.

Company Leaders are visionary and inspiring. Lots of passion and energy. Overall, a great place for people who truly are committed to excellence and impact.

On the right path to "home run" success!

Cons

Lots of new faces because of rapid growth. The challenge will be to maintain the mojo as we rapidly scale.

This is not a "con" - but this is not the best fit for people who like to wait on the sidelines before everything is figured out.

Continue your steady leadership and proactively address the challenges that come with scale and rapid growth.

Awesome customer-driven culture and fantastic colleagues in a company that is taking off like a rocket ship!!!

Current Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Coupa Software Inc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

VERY customer-centric culture where everyone will drop what they are doing to make sure our customers are successful. Never seen anything like it. The leadership team are open-minded, collaborative, make quick decisions and are not afraid to take risk. I really like that I do not have to create a bunch of powerpoint slides and wait for a committee meeting in order to get my proposals approved. If you have good ideas and you're on a path to be successful nobody is going to micro-manage you. However if you need help, you will get help. It is a very collaborative culture where everyone will help out where and when needed. Happy referencable customers, great product that actually works, crispest value prop in the world, and the press, partners and analysts love us. We have a proven sales methodology and all the tools and sales enablement services that money can buy. It's a late stage pre-IPO start-up poised for success. What is there not to like?

Cons

No obvious red flags, but we still have that start-up mentality and not everything is perfect just yet but we're getting there fast. Some form of self-sufficiency and professional proficiency, patience, personal initiative, etc. is expected and required. You can't just sit and wait for everything to be arranged for you. I joined just over a year ago and probably haven't worked harder in my life. But that is of my own doing, nobody is imposing any unrealistic deadlines on me. I do that myself. The energy here is palpable, and people are passionate, driven and direct. The latter words are often "code words" for less desirable cultural aspects but not here. I haven't met somebody I didn't like here and I personally really appreciate the ability to have an authentic, respectful and constructive conversation.

Have our remote employees to spend more time at headquarters so they can really appreciate all the energy that Team Coupa generates. Going forward only hire people with the right personality profile who will thrive in a start-up environment and have the ability to grow to the next level and who are not afraid to put some skin in the game themselves.

There are newer employer reviews for Coupa Software Inc