Politics, politics, politics!

Current Employee - Client Services in Mountain View, CA
Current Employee - Client Services in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Coupons.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great location, flexibility in schedule, free lunch and snacks daily, generally nice people.

Cons

Work hard to get no where. Even if you're doing a great job, you'll get overlooked due to tenure and politics. Not a good motivation to work harder. No communication between departments, making for a jumbled mess of products that may or may not be necessary or helpful to the company. Lot's of wasted talent and money in this company.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes to the employees that are eager and willing to go above and beyond without being asked. They will be your money makers. If not, you'll lose all your good talent to your competition.

Other Employee Reviews for Coupons.com

1. Learned a lot

Pros

Free lunches every day, lots of free food in general. There's a game room with table tennis, Foosball, pool, etc. Nice office in the Bay Area.

Cons

Not too many young people. I don't think they hire very many entry level people. I didn't get the chance to work with many people outside my group, but then again, I was on the bottom of the totem pole.

Siloed departments mismanaged by founders

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mountain View, CA

I worked at Coupons.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch in area with no restaurants Company seems to have lock on on-line coupon market

Cons

Founders have little grasp of technology used in OLTP at scale they do business at - still tied to processes that made sense when they started the company. Siloed development teams block one another. DBAs call shots. Not an environment where an engineer will progress technically.

Advice to Management

Get rid of half your management.