Course Hero

Meritocracy, Open Culture, Smart Team, Hard Work, Vigorous Debate, I Love It

Current Employee - Product in Redwood City, CA
Current Employee - Product in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Course Hero

Pros

- You will be respected and rewarded for success. Hard, smart work pays
- The emphasis is on solving problems with the best solutions the team can come up with.
- Vigorous debate is tough emotionally, but it leads to using the best idea
- It's a meritocracy with a flat hierarchy. There is a conscious effort to not be political.

Cons

- You are expected to work hard. You need to be ready to stay late to fix problems.
- You are working at a startup, and there are always resource constraints.

97 Other Employee Reviews for Course Hero (View Most Recent)

Intern

Former Employee - Intern
    Former Employee - Intern

I worked at Course Hero part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very flexible schedule accommodates university courses while working. The position is ideal as a first marketing or development position for a student. Being able to work within the university (possibly meeting with student groups, professors, etc) can have a lot of benefits outside of work as well.

Cons

Much less support and oversight than advertised. Pay cheques tend to be slow, though they do arrive. Very bad organization, I had my boss often mixing me up with other interns/cities.

Excellent internship that built professional skills and led to promotion

Current Employee - Student Manager
    Current Employee - Student Manager

I have been working at Course Hero as an intern

Pros

Completing an internship with Course Hero was a great resource for me during my last semester of my undergrad. I was able to build professional skills and work on both my communication and time management. Working on my own time was really a plus, and allowed me to do as much or as little as I wanted to or could handle given my workload in school in any given week. Ultimately, my success as an intern led to my promotion to become a student manager which has opened other doors for furthering my management skills as I guide other interns through their Business Development Internship.

Cons

A challenge of working for Course Hero is the remote aspect of the job. I have never met my boss in person and therefore, all communication is done via email and Skype. This was in fact very easy to work around and became quite normal after the initial weeks as an intern. The biggest challenge was the fact that I live in a different time zone - 8 hours ahead of my boss - and scheduling can sometimes be a bit difficult.

There are newer employer reviews for Course Hero