Covance
www.covance.com Princeton, NJ 5000+ Employees

I'm surprised I've been around this long

Clinical Data Coordinator II (Current Employee)

ProsGood pay and benefits
Amount of Paid Time Off is plentiful, and goes up over time
Lots of work-at-home opportunities in Data Management

ConsUpper management doesn't seem to have a realistic grasp of the every day life of the average workers.
Training is a joke.
When a worker wants to switch departments, they forced to take a pay cut to the bottom tier of the salary scale; in essence, they are starting all over again. I've been at the company for 10+ years - I'd rather stay in a department I hate than switch to a new opportunity.
The same people seem to get all the credit for the "great" work being done.
The constant cycle and new hires and new layoffs is getting old.
The yearly review process is sorely lacking in effectiveness. It was vastly improved about 3-4 years ago, but it is falling by the wayside again.
Office morale seems low. (I don't know how that is everywhere, though.)
Since everything is all about the client, there's no sense of pride as a company - our "pride" comes only from making clients happy, no matter what it does to our own morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to make bold changes in IT. Too often, the company is behind the curve to accept emerging (or even current) technologies.

good experience for a first full time job

CRA Assistant (Current Employee)
Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at Covance

Pros: good and secure company. gives training towards progression. The management team… Cons: Sometimes the work routine is tedious. No other negatives from my… Advice to Senior Management: Good management team Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Exhausting and disappointing experience.

I have been working at Covance

Pros: It's the dedication of individual contributors that make working at… Cons: Top heavy leadership structure. Unclear expectations and no direction. Employees spend hours navigating through the organization to find the right people to get… Advice to Senior Management: Walk the talk, fix the process issues and follow them, support and encourage… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Covance.

Worked for Covance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Covance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Covance CEO Joe Herring. All reviews posted anonymously by Covance employees.