Covance

www.covance.com
  www.covance.com
There are newer employer reviews for Covance

I'm surprised I've been around this long

Current Employee - Clinical Data Coordinator II
Current Employee - Clinical Data Coordinator II

I have been working at Covance

Pros

Good pay and benefits
Amount of Paid Time Off is plentiful, and goes up over time
Lots of work-at-home opportunities in Data Management

Cons

Upper management doesn't seem to have a realistic grasp of the every day life of the average workers.
Training is a joke.
When a worker wants to switch departments, they forced to take a pay cut to the bottom tier of the salary scale; in essence, they are starting all over again. I've been at the company for 10+ years - I'd rather stay in a department I hate than switch to a new opportunity.
The same people seem to get all the credit for the "great" work being done.
The constant cycle and new hires and new layoffs is getting old.
The yearly review process is sorely lacking in effectiveness. It was vastly improved about 3-4 years ago, but it is falling by the wayside again.
Office morale seems low. (I don't know how that is everywhere, though.)
Since everything is all about the client, there's no sense of pride as a company - our "pride" comes only from making clients happy, no matter what it does to our own morale.

Don't be afraid to make bold changes in IT. Too often, the company is behind the curve to accept emerging (or even current) technologies.

326 Other Employee Reviews for Covance (View Most Recent)

good experience for a first full time job

Current Employee - CRA Assistant in Leeds, England (UK)
    Current Employee - CRA Assistant in Leeds, England (UK)

I have been working at Covance

Pros

good and secure company. gives training towards progression. The management team is very helpfull and good benefits. The people are friendly and helpful.

Cons

Sometimes the work routine is tedious. No other negatives from my side as it depends on how satisfied you are with your job.

Good management team

Exhausting and disappointing experience.

I have been working at Covance

Pros

It's the dedication of individual contributors that make working at Covance tolerable.

Cons

Top heavy leadership structure. Unclear expectations and no direction. Employees spend hours navigating through the organization to find the right people to get their questions answered about how to get their work done. Leaders are not held accountable for following the processes. More care and concern for animals, clients and bottom line revenue than employees. High turnover leaving those who remain to pick up the pieces in order to complete deliverables.

Walk the talk, fix the process issues and follow them, support and encourage your employees, help people understand how what they do every day makes a difference.

There are newer employer reviews for Covance