Covance
www.covance.com Princeton, NJ 5000+ Employees

Covance - Get ahead by Working or get through by Slacking

Analyst (Current Employee)
Madison, WI

ProsThe opportunities for advancement at Covance are numerous. The work schedule in my department is very flexible. I have been promoted and rewarded in recognition of the work I have put in over the years. I work in a laboratory setting and have all of the equipment and instrumentation I need to do my job effectively. I can generally purchase anything I need easily. There are many different personalities present, so finding someone that you "jive" with is not too hard. It seems that there is an increasing rate of turnover, so being promoted or taking on new responsibilities is easy to do.

ConsDepending on the department that one works in, there is a huge discrepancy between acceptable and unacceptable work ethic. Because of the increase in turnover, the quality of the work performed varies greatly between those who are competent and those who struggle with their "duties". I cut my teeth in an environment where supervisors and management would be on the prowl for people not doing their job. The attitude at Covance is much more laid back and it is conceivable that someone could do no work in the course of a week or more, and a supervisor would have no idea.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the management in my department would benefit greatly from having a more active involvement in the course of work that takes place right in front of them. It is my opinion that they think everything is going great since most of the work gets done, most of the time.

Stay 3 years, get experience, and move out!

(Current Employee)
    Vienna, VA

I have been working at Covance

Pros: I really geniunely like my coworkers. The workplace and the attaire requirements are pretty informal. People genuinely want to do a good job,… Cons: In the past three or four years, Covance has increased the number of rooms, facilities and workload. The senior management was not well prepared… Advice to Senior Management: The biggest complaint would be that management has no idea what their staff does on a daily basis. They have a tendancy of changing… More

Company definitely should be looked at.

Business Analyst (Former Employee)
    Princeton, NJ

I worked at Covance

Pros: Covance gives you great work life balance. The people are very friendly and hard work is recognized. Great CEO and HR.… Cons: Needs better competitive pay. Needs more diversity. The the pay was more competitive Covance would… Advice to Senior Management: Hire more people, Hire more young people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Covance.

Worked for Covance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Covance reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Covance CEO Joe Herring. All reviews posted anonymously by Covance employees.