Pleased so far. with Early Clinical-CRA

Current Employee - CRA II-ECD in Madison, WI
Current Employee - CRA II-ECD in Madison, WI

I have been working at Covance full-time

Pros

Interesting Work Enjoyable Co-Workers Little Manager Oversight Plan your own Schedule Excellent Flexibility in Travel Arrangements Too much work for the present staff=opportunities to step in and learn new skills Current director does make an attempt to understand the workforce and effectively represents employees for positive change.

Cons

Same for all regional monitoring positions. Lots of travel 60+ hour work weeks Project management and operations management like to ping pong issues so neither has to resolve them

Advice to Management

Call the current senior director of operations for ECD. She understands how to make employees feel valued and that their needs are being considered. I have read the other reviews here and that seems to be a missing component among upper management.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Ok place to get experience under your belt

Former Employee - Research Associate II in Chantilly, VA
    Former Employee - Research Associate II in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Covance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours, great people to work with, free coffee, challenging projects, cool instrumentation

Cons

Poor leadership, too much work and not enough people, too many meetings, fearful of failing assays, lengthy chain of custody processes

Advice to Management

Moral was going down the tubes when I left. Management changed too much, team layouts changed too much, no room for advancement really. The last 3 years I worked there only got less than 2% annual raises which did not kick in until July, total joke.

2. Lab Tech

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Covance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, breaks, interaction with fellow employees excluding most management were positive.

Cons

Noticed first the high stress levels of the employees. No one smiled at each other. My own management rarely acknowledged me. I was not recognized for good work done at all. My supervisor is known to be a bully.

Advice to Management

Try a little harder to make your employees feel valuable. Communicate exactly what is expected from them. Be accessible. Make eye contact. In other words, respect your trainees as human beings.