There are newer employer reviews for Covance

Ok place to get experience under your belt

Former Employee - Research Associate II in Chantilly, VA
Former Employee - Research Associate II in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Covance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible work hours, great people to work with, free coffee, challenging projects, cool instrumentation

Cons

Poor leadership, too much work and not enough people, too many meetings, fearful of failing assays, lengthy chain of custody processes

Advice to Management

Moral was going down the tubes when I left. Management changed too much, team layouts changed too much, no room for advancement really. The last 3 years I worked there only got less than 2% annual raises which did not kick in until July, total joke.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Lab Tech

Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Medical Technologist in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Covance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, breaks, interaction with fellow employees excluding most management were positive.

Cons

Noticed first the high stress levels of the employees. No one smiled at each other. My own management rarely acknowledged me. I was not recognized for good work done at all. My supervisor is known to be a bully.

Advice to Management

Try a little harder to make your employees feel valuable. Communicate exactly what is expected from them. Be accessible. Make eye contact. In other words, respect your trainees as human beings.

2. Do not go here

Current Employee - Supervisor in Princeton, NJ
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Covance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good percentage of the staff here are goog people but if you are a political science major you will fit in well with the all the others and all the drama and rhetoric

Cons

i just received an email along with nearly 1000 others here that the compensation at my level was being "redesigned". That regardless of the contents of the offer letter i signed not that long ago, i am getting a 15% haircut in my overall compensation. That this will make the company more competitive I chose to come here not that long ago. The description i was given of the company, department and job do not match reality. I can deal with that. What I cannot accept is not being able to trust my employer. Do not come here!

Advice to Management

You sow in one season, reap in another.