Company is changing

Current Employee - Toxicologist  in  Madison, WI
Current Employee - Toxicologist in Madison, WI

I have been working at Covance full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Caring dedicated coworkers and the importance of the work made the job enjoyable.

Cons

Company loyalty no longer matters.

Other Reviews for Covance

Dont do it if you want to hate your life.

Current Employee - Study Technician  in  Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Study Technician in Madison, WI

I have been working at Covance full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best part of the job is the benefits. I make good money and have 21 days of PTO a year, along with getting health benefits from day 1, which a lot of places dont do. Aside from that, there isnt much I like about my job. There is a lot of chances for moving around, shadowing different departments or transferring. Even some "bubble" assignments where you can go work at a different site for a short amount of time. I also LOVED my supervisor, but she was pretty much the best one in the department, I got lucky with her.

Cons

If you are a study tech, expect to work about 60 hours a week, 50 if its "slower" Once you get out of training it really starts getting bad. Large animal means being physically exhausted all the time. I would work, come home, eat, sleep, and then do it all over again. It takes the life out of you so fast! Very stressful, they expect you to run your own studies, along with trying to figure out whats going on in other ones you are scheduled in. There are some really good techs, but there are a lot of not so great ones that you have to make up for. There is a really high turnover rate for techs too. The people aren't the best. Its like high school all over again, lots of clichy-ness, lots of people talk about each other behind their backs.

Get more study techs!!!! Over working us is not a great way to keep your employees. The "new normal" isn't that great.

It's a start if your looking to head into pharma

Former Employee - Program Specialist Reimbursement  in  San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Program Specialist Reimbursement in San Diego, CA

I worked at Covance as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible hours. Training provided in reimbursement methodologies, basic coding, customer service.

Cons

micro-managing, little room for advancement, management is detached. There are some fun people, but they aren't in management. The company won't do much to make you proud of the work you do or acknowledge successes. The company doesn't do holiday parties, happy hours, or any sort of non work related events. The environment is very productivity focused. They should treat their employees better.

Try to be more personable with employees. Make time for "team building" and fun.

There are newer employer reviews for Covance.

Worked for Covance? Contribute to the Community!