There are newer employer reviews for Covance

Rating of the Corporation CVD.

Former Employee - Study Coordinator in Madison, WI
Former Employee - Study Coordinator in Madison, WI

I worked at Covance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The benefits and PTO were the biggest asset of working for this company. The health insurance was very generous.

Cons

The Stock holders were the decision makers so if the company was not moving in the right direction, the stock holders decide the fate of the business.

Advice to Management

Be honest with the employees and if there is trouble ahead, ensure that they are well aware so they can make the appropriate arrangements.

reviews filtered by
  1. Company is changing

Current Employee - Toxicologist in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Toxicologist in Madison, WI

I have been working at Covance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Caring dedicated coworkers and the importance of the work made the job enjoyable.

Cons

Company loyalty no longer matters.

Dont do it if you want to hate your life.

Current Employee - Study Technician in Madison, WI
    Current Employee - Study Technician in Madison, WI

I have been working at Covance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part of the job is the benefits. I make good money and have 21 days of PTO a year, along with getting health benefits from day 1, which a lot of places dont do. Aside from that, there isnt much I like about my job. There is a lot of chances for moving around, shadowing different departments or transferring. Even some "bubble" assignments where you can go work at a different site for a short amount of time. I also LOVED my supervisor, but she was pretty much the best one in the department, I got lucky with her.

Cons

If you are a study tech, expect to work about 60 hours a week, 50 if its "slower" Once you get out of training it really starts getting bad. Large animal means being physically exhausted all the time. I would work, come home, eat, sleep, and then do it all over again. It takes the life out of you so fast! Very stressful, they expect you to run your own studies, along with trying to figure out whats going on in other ones you are scheduled in. There are some really good techs, but there are a lot of not so great ones that you have to make up for. There is a really high turnover rate for techs too. The people aren't the best. Its like high school all over again, lots of clichy-ness, lots of people talk about each other behind their backs.

Advice to Management

Get more study techs!!!! Over working us is not a great way to keep your employees. The "new normal" isn't that great.