There are newer employer reviews for Covance

CDARO is a tough place to work; Overworking everyone is their way of reducing staff; 50-60 hr weeks is standard.

Current Employee - Within CDARO in Princeton, NJ
Current Employee - Within CDARO in Princeton, NJ

I have been working at Covance full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the people are nice;

Cons

Absolutely no work life balance; struggle to take PTO; little cooperation between people; lots of cattiness;

Processes need to be fixed at the root level; processes and SOPs need to be able to be followed as expectations are not clear and SOPs (and ADs) does not explain how to do something;

303 Other Employee Reviews for Covance (View Most Recent)

Great people, caring atmosphere, pay stinks.

Former Employee - Field Market Access Associate in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Field Market Access Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at Covance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Culture is great. Room for advancement and they will listen to your thoughts and ideas.

Cons

The pay is absolutely the lowest in the industry.

Negotiate higher pay for your employees.

Illusions of possible growth

Former Employee - Research Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Covance as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Most people there are great and there is a lot of teamwork,

Cons

Lets start with this: during my midyear review I was told I was doing an excellent job and my production level was 150% but that if I wanted to go anywhere I needed to do 200% of what was expected. Management is the worst I ever worked for, people get promoted into supervisors after serving less than a year or a year at most if they know how to suck up, they lack scientific knowledge and it causes a lot of issues.When you start, they tell you how much potential for growth there is. There is not - the better worker you are the less likely they want to promote you because they are entirely revenue driven and they do not want to loose a work-horse. I actually accidentally overheard management decision not promote someone into a non-revenue generating position because they did not want to loose on the revenue. For a huge company they are very small minded, micromanaging and discouraging. I have worked in other CRO labs before and since moved on to another company - Covance by FAR is the worst I ever worked for. The only thing I miss is the coworkers whom you build a comradery with under the abuse of the management.

Get on with the times, invest in some new technology and automation, promote scientists into management - not slave driving uneducated rubes. Your turn-over is highest I ever seen. That should tell you something

There are newer employer reviews for Covance