Covario

There are newer employer reviews for Covario

How an SEO Agency Should be Run

Current Employee - SEO in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - SEO in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Covario full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fortune 500 clients with a great team, attitude and leadership

Cons

Software holds the agency back

Too much weight to the software portion that underperforms and overvalues itself

32 Other Employee Reviews for Covario (View Most Recent)

Don't believe Glass Door

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Covario full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I will be honest. I looked at Glassdoor prior to accepting a position at Covario and was somewhat concerned with what people are saying. The interview went very well and I accepted the position because even though some people on Glassdoor are complaining for some reason Covario is winning awards left and right and they are very very well known in the industry. I came from a competitor agency and I was extremely happy I decided to switch. Covario blows every agency I have worked at out of the water. The people are amazing. Some people on Glassdoor complained about thought leadership but I came to find out Covario has many many employees who are currently running the conference speaker circuit and regularly sit on panels for all the major search conferences. I don't know what else can be expected as far as thought leadership. Many many employees are publishing blogs on the Covario blog as well as external blogs.

They are 100% transparent with their clients. I don't feel like a slime ball like I did at other agencies who don't tell their clients the full "truth".

Covario has a mentoring program which is awesome for all levels of employees and since I have started working here in the past 3 months there have been 5-6 internal promotions. My team is going to kick some serious ass in 2-3 months. Why? Because Covario makes mentorship part of your job and gives you the time to do it correctly.

If your looking for a job at Covario do your research like I did. If you don't know how to negotiate a salary then use a recruiter to help you like I did. Do your research in what the industry is paying for the position you are applying for. If you complain about your salary you have no one to blame but yourself. Look at the facts, review the awards they have won and the revenue growth they are achieving year over year. Look at the executives and their work history and they are all from top agencies.

I am writing this because of how wrong every other review on this website was about Covario. I am very glad I did not listen to them.

Cons

This is an agency and like most agencies there are days where you work strange hours or longer hours than normal. Many clients are international and you have early and late phone calls. There are holiday pushes and you will need to work late or over the weekend. This isn't any different from any other agency i have worked at. If you cant deal with it then become an in house SEO.

Its been great working at the company HQ in San Diego. I came from a job where I worked remotely and I just want to say as we continue to grow in size and add more offices that please take extra steps to make those people feel truly part of the Covario family.

Great Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Covario full-time (more than an year)

Pros

best group of co-workers to work with every day. I really feel at home and hanging out with friends all day. Of course, I have to work hard at being the best and all the rewards and recognition makes it worth it.

Cons

Some weeks are long hours and stressful, but in the end delivering great results to clients is what this job is all about.

Keep listening to us.