There are newer employer reviews for Covenant Dove

Traumatic, a real takeover.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piedmont, SC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Piedmont, SC

I have been working at Covenant Dove

Pros

The staff at my facility are wonderful

Cons

They bought up our facilities because they liked how we did things but then changed it. Thye did not give us useful instruction then expected the jobs to be done right. They provided up with outdated orientation materials and made us sign paperwork we did not have time to read if we wanted to keep our jobs. They gave us outdated software and tools and expected productivity. They have replaced it with a revamped and time consuming software program that takes a half hour to do a note. They have let us know recently that we will now have to fill out new hire paperwork and will be working for a contract company that is notorius for insisting on unethical practices if you want to keep your job.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees fairly, provide good benefits to all, allow for clinical judgement and do away with the useless time consuming reports that do not add to patient care.

reviews filtered by

Just a job

I have been working at Covenant Dove full-time

Pros

The department head team is wonderful. Everyone is very supportive of each other and open to ideas and suggestions to get things done as a team.

Cons

It is frowned upon to take holidays off. There may not be work/life balance. There is little praise for the positives from upper management, but there is often critism.

Advice to Management

The managment should praise the team more and allow for more flexible scheduling.

Easy to move up

I have been working at Covenant Dove full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great exposure to clinical skills, can move around in company fairly easily since promotion from within is encouraged.

Cons

Insufficient orientation for new and experienced nurses. A three day orientation was the max given for a new nurse. Lack of organization and incomplete instructions on how to perform job duties. It has been a find out as you go with no manual or computer software for policies to turn to for help. Lack of latest technology and adequate supplies because it is mostly funded by government money. Management by fear is more commonly used. Lowest pay in area for nurses.

Advice to Management

Give a more thorough orientation, have manuals available with procedures, and expected task list available for reference. Commend workers instead of using fear tactics to control. Have adequate supplies available and working up to date technology, or just working technology would be nice.

There are newer employer reviews for Covenant Dove