Covenant Transportation

www.covenanttransport.com

easy to get hired

Current Employee - Driver  in  Chattanooga, TN
Current Employee - Driver in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

they are pretty good about getting you home on time terminal very close to home protread training on qualcomm pretty new euip

Cons

lack of communication from fleet mgr rude terminal employees night dispatchers that just don't care don't know what service is like haven't been there yet training for student needs to improve
i worked with 2 student that could not shift

open line of communcation between driver and dispatch don't just put driver on hold if we are calling then there is a reason

Other reviews for Covenant Transportation

Insights into Covenant Transport.

Former Employee - Truck Driver  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

I enjoyed seeing the country and I like driving. I would've never been able to go where I'd been if it wasn't for Covenant Transport. When I trained I was able to make around $1000 a week. Some of the facilities have free laundry machines, showers and a TV watching area.

Cons

OTR Truck driving has been called a divorce maker. There are long spans of time away from home. Some of the dispatchers at the terminals are really bad and some will trap you into the terminal and won't let you leave with your truck. The terminals can be pretty dirty.

Be aware of how drivers are treated at some of the outlying terminals.

Vaseline, isle nine.

Former Employee - Customer Service  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Chattanooga, TN

Pros

The pay is nice, bonus' received from time to time, paid trips around the US to meet customers, laid back environment, on site gym, track and cafeteria.

Cons

You are required to work every third weekend, Monday through Friday you must work ten hour shifts with a one hour break, most management positions are a joke and not needed. If you do not finish your job, you must stay there until its done, even though there is a night shift that is supposed to take over.

Look around, open your eyes. All your financial problems are right in front of you! Overpaid upper management, too many managers on the floor that are non needed, turnover is huge because the recruiting department is a joke.

There are newer employer reviews for Covenant Transportation.

Worked for Covenant Transportation? Contribute to the Community!