Covenant Transportation
www.covenanttransport.com Chattanooga, TN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Insights into Covenant Transport.

Truck Driver (Former Employee)
Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Covenant Transportation

ProsI enjoyed seeing the country and I like driving. I would've never been able to go where I'd been if it wasn't for Covenant Transport. When I trained I was able to make around $1000 a week. Some of the facilities have free laundry machines, showers and a TV watching area.

ConsOTR Truck driving has been called a divorce maker. There are long spans of time away from home. Some of the dispatchers at the terminals are really bad and some will trap you into the terminal and won't let you leave with your truck. The terminals can be pretty dirty.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe aware of how drivers are treated at some of the outlying terminals.

Mixed Emotions

I have been working at Covenant Transportation full-time

Pros: Pro - Family - very understanding about time off for… Cons: Not a lot of room for internal growth Advice to Senior Management: Quit hiring from the outside and build up your current… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A great trucking job for drivers!

Truck Driver (Current Employee)
Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Covenant Transportation full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good pay/mile. Plenty of miles, plus a 1 cent/mile safety bonus. I have a 5000 mile/week… Cons: Seven weeks out seven days home equals one week out of eight. With… Advice to Senior Management: Some students need more training than they get. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Covenant Transportation.

Worked for Covenant Transportation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Covenant Transportation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Covenant Transportation CEO David R. Parker. All reviews posted anonymously by Covenant Transportation employees.