Covenant Transportation

www.covenanttransport.com
  www.covenanttransport.com
There are newer employer reviews for Covenant Transportation

A great trucking job for drivers!

Current Employee - Truck Driver  in  Chattanooga, TN
Current Employee - Truck Driver in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Covenant Transportation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay/mile. Plenty of miles, plus a 1 cent/mile safety bonus. I have a 5000 mile/week garuntee.but usually make more. I have had 2 8000 mile weeks in the last 30 days!

Cons

Seven weeks out seven days home equals one week out of eight. With out pay. Don't make alot untill you get your hazmat and prove yourself.

Some students need more training than they get.

15 Other Employee Reviews for Covenant Transportation (View Most Recent)

The Road Life at Covenant Transport

Former Employee - Team Driver  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Team Driver in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Covenant Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, good folks to work with, consistent loads with good miles, flexible load planning.

Cons

Not enough home time! This is a great company if you don't have alot of home-life connections, but if you are family oriented, wouldn't recommend as a long-term career.

Listen to your drivers! Work with them to get them home more often, more regular. You will keep MANY more of your top drivers longer if you can work with them on home time!

I learned really fast that all the negatives I've heard were most likely true.

Former Employee - Truck Driver  in  Claremont, CA
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Claremont, CA

I worked at Covenant Transportation full-time for less than a year

Pros

I learned this early on.

Cons

I began my training this week but a not so funny thing happened to me on the way to my road test.
    The night before, the hotel’s shuttle took me and 3 people to the mall and never returned to pick us up when he was supposed to. We began calling the hotel to find out where he was and was greeted with hostility. When the driver did arrive 3 hours later, he threatened our persons, was real ugly. When we returned to the hotel, “the right to refuse service to anyone” was used to kick me out at 9:15 pm. After 2 hours of walking I found a motel. The next morning Covenant told me I no longer had a job. Great for looking out for your employees. I’m so glad I have many friends still in school and they have friends, and so on, etc. because I will be telling the whole story of what happened to talk them out of ever considering this lousy company for employment. The only bad thing is my school does business with this company, refers students. I will be there to do something about that. Lastly, I wouldn’t let my roaches stay at the Hotel Claremont in Claremont, CA.

Listen to your employees. Take the stick out of your asses.

There are newer employer reviews for Covenant Transportation

Worked for Covenant Transportation? Contribute to the Community!