Coventry Health Care

www.coventryhealthcare.com
  www.coventryhealthcare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Coventry Health Care

Many great people and interesting work but needs to reduce the bureaucracy and adopt more agile PMO practices.

Current Employee - Director - Workers' Comp Services
Current Employee - Director - Workers' Comp Services

I have been working at Coventry Health Care

Pros

There are many talented people in the Workers' Comp division who are great to work with. The health benefits are competitive and the work is interesting. The company is open to work-from-home for particular roles.

Cons

Older planning techniques and PMO methods slow progress. Annual salary increases for high performing employees leave much to be desired. The volume of departments can make it difficult to get things done.

Put more emphasis on communicating the leadership team's vision and direction down through the ranks so employees feel more connected to the big picture. Improve annual compensation increases for high performing employees at all levels.

266 Other Employee Reviews for Coventry Health Care (View Most Recent)

Only good part was weekends off

Former Employee - Utilization Review Nurse
    Former Employee - Utilization Review Nurse

I worked at Coventry Health Care

Pros

Weekends/holidays off, two weeks paid vacation (good luck though with scheduling it), pretty good benefits package including health insurance

Cons

Clueless management, little to no chance for promotion, vast disparity ($10-$15K) in pay between people doing the same job, raises are poor to non-existent, constantly-shifting expectations for job performance, sweatshop atmosphere, forbidden to work from home even though job is all computerized so it doesn't matter where you do it, immediate supervisors recognize good job performance but no one higher cares or listens to them

No one can tell you anything; you've got it all figured out. And now you're sending the nurse jobs overseas. Nice going. You are what is wrong with America.

Felt bad at interview--should have trusted my gut.

I worked at Coventry Health Care

Pros

Decent pay
    8-5 (if you leave for your life)
    Good co-workers if you get a chance to talk to them
    Nice building to work in

Cons

No recognition for work-raises, bonuses or system to explain how to achieve these

Supervisor training and structure is lacking-I was responsible for training new case managers and correcting other CM's mistakes instead of having a meeting to discuss how we ALL could correct our mistakes

The amount you work is inversely proportionate to the amount of respect and pay you receive. When other people's work is not done it often fell to myself and other overworked CMs. We then would be scolded for not getting OUR work done on time because we were busy trying to get others CMs late work in quickly.

No teamwork due to bad leadership

And lastly, it is a hostile environment. In some department there, someone is scared of someone else. And the supervisor allows it as does HR. Employees can curse their supervisor in front of other employees and still have their job. Others employees cannot be a minute late from lunch without a "scolding." You start to become uncertain daily of what comes next. Uncertainty in a job environment is not good.

For what it is worth. They did not ask why I left. That is telling I think and sad.

I echo what another said here. Listen to your employees. We could save you a lot more money and help grow the company, a lot. And we try, alone and at meetings, and get disrespected and supervisors said they had no time or that we all need to "get back to our own work and not be concerned with THOSE matters." I came from insurance where I turned profit in my department within months for the company and not one person at mhnet would listen. Why hire me?

There are newer employer reviews for Coventry Health Care