There are newer employer reviews for Coventry Health Care

A good experience for me, but improvements are needed

Current Employee - Manager - IT
Current Employee - Manager - IT

I have been working at Coventry Health Care

Pros

Growing company with good financial backing - new CIO seems ready to shift IT strategy to take advantage of health care reform, and some of the previous ineffective policies & practices are being replaced. Good people are getting promoted and recognized for their good work. The division I've worked in has gotten rid of some of the old-school management that was too focused on overtime and "butts in seats," and we're seeing some growing pockets of optimism and efficiency.

Cons

Poor performers are tolerated for far too long; others pick up the slack and resent it. Senior leadership seems too quick to reorganize, and staff isn't able to develop long-term relationships with their managers or teammates. Minimal training & coaching for managers. Slow, HR-driven hiring practices.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not so great, not so bad but I definitely need better.

I have been working at Coventry Health Care

Pros

Hour flexibility. That is about it. I am just typing the rest to fill out the words.

Cons

No room for growth
    Lack of communication from Management
    The only way to get promoted is to turn in a offer letter from another company.

Advice to Management

Take a look at all of the regions in your company to ensure the Management team is following all of the policies and procedures set forth by Coventry.

IT is a joke

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst

I have been working at Coventry Health Care

Pros

I am paid well contrary to what many on this site are saying (the golden handcuff).
    When the frustration passes I find these clowns somewhat entertaining.
    The job is easy, They just want andanswer when the ask a question, any guess you venture is acceptable, no need to waste time researching and finding the right answer.

Cons

IT management (Senior, mid-level and staff level) and much of management the rest of the company are promoted call-center customer service people. They have absolutely no idea how IT works in the rest of the world, prefering instead the coventry-way.

Do not accept anything they say at face value; not because they mean to lie, but they misuse common terms to the point that if you have experience outside coventry when they say something you will hear another thing.

I am struck by how many IT people leave and return; my assessment is that they find themselves unable to function because they don't know how a real IT shop works and have to run home to mommy.

Advice to Management

QUIT!
    And take all your promoted customer service friends with you!