Just Ok

Current Employee - Supervisor Service Operations in Scottsdale, AZ
Current Employee - Supervisor Service Operations in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Coventry Health Care full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tutition Assistance Program (5K per yr) Bonus program (3% of your yearly salary if certain criteria's are met). My management is supportive

Cons

Small merit increases, but I guess something is better than nothing. Large work load, often understaffed For entry level jobs if you don't meet your production/quality standards your a gonner and management seems to make your life bad I have found I did not enjoy myself here when I was an entry level employees but when I became a supervisor overnight management was so much nicer and work became easier. This is great for me, however; not as much for entry level jobs. This will vary based upon the position you are applying for and who the management team is. Really nothing great to say about the company but nothing really bad either. Its just OK.

Other Employee Reviews for Coventry Health Care

Absolute Worst Company I Have Ever Worked

Current Employee - Human Resources in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Coventry Health Care full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location... yes and that is about it. I really can't think of anything else positive about my two years with Coventry.

Cons

EMPLOYEE APPRECIATION - there is none Culture Immediate Management and Upper Management Disconnection with Employees Interview Process (expect at least 4-7 interviews) Behind-the-times Technology Little/No Growth Opportunities Pay Benefits - Medical plans are unacceptable from a HEALTHCARE COMPANY!! Zero Flexibility Very Little Employee Appreciation Lazy Peers

Advice to Management

Take the time to appreciate your employees and not just by an "Employee Appreciation Day" with a $1.50 budget per employee (aka a donut and coffee for each employee every year). When Executives actually do take the time to visit employee work sites, please go out of your way to thank your employees and not just by 30-minute Q&A sessions every quarter. Absoutely the worst company I have ever worked for. If I could sum it up, I'd say this company is stuck in the 1950's - pay, culture, growth opportunities, flexibility... every aspect.

Overall very good place to work.

Current Employee - Quality Improvement
    Current Employee - Quality Improvement

I have been working at Coventry Health Care full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Invested in employees. Good work environment.

Cons

Being bought out by Aetna